7| 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝑾𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒔 𝑨𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅

An exasperated groan escaped my lips as I collected my belongings and made my way towards my car

An exasperated groan escaped my lips as I collected my belongings and made my way towards my car. Jungkook had been relentlessly annoying me today, and I couldn't shake off the temptation to just drive away before he had a chance to hop into the car, but, as usual, he was one step ahead.

It was frustrating, the way he seemed to read my mind. But I suppose that's what happens when you've been best friends since practically birth. Our bond was undeniable, even if it did have its trying moments.

I cranked up the volume of the car stereo, intentionally louder than necessary, to drown out any chance of conversation or his usual lewd remarks. The engine roared to life as I turned the key, and with a few minutes of driving, Jungkook dared to lower the music's volume.

"Hey! My car, my rules," I retorted, turning the volume back up.

" Whoa, calm down. I just want to ask you something," he said, once again adjusting the music's volume.

"What?" I asked, maintaining my focus on the road ahead.

"Are you coming to Taehyung's party this weekend?" he inquired.

I shrugged, glancing at him briefly. I did enjoy a good party like anyone else, but sometimes I couldn't be bothered with them. It all depended on how I felt when the time came.

"I haven't decided yet," I replied.

"You should come. Your friends are also coming," he suggested.

"I'll think about it," I replied, turning the music back up.

Jungkook chuckled and pulled out his phone. At least if he was occupied with his phone, he wouldn't be annoying me.

When I pulled up outside the school, I couldn't help but wonder what people were thinking. Why was Jungkook with me? Everyone knew we weren't friends anymore.

"Thanks for the ride. Can I get one back with you?" he asked as he exited the car.

"Whatever," I muttered.

A few minutes later, I stepped out of the car, making my way to where my friends were waiting. Their curious expressions were unmistakable, questioning why Jungkook was accompanying me.

"He's staying with us for the next couple of weeks," I explained.

"Oh God," Jennie laughed. "Hopefully, you don't end up killing him."

"Why is he staying with you?" Irene inquired.

"His Umma is away taking care of his Grandma, and she didn't want to leave him alone. So, she asked my Umma if he could stay with us, and of course, my Umma said yes," I replied, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

I had a feeling I'd be rolling my eyes quite a bit over the next few weeks.

"Well, this should be interesting," Jennie giggled.

"I wouldn't use that word to describe it," I laughed. "More like torture." I shook my head, and my friends gave me sympathetic looks before heading inside.

I was glad they could empathize with my predicament. After all, what was the worst that could happen, right?

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧Enjoying the story?Follow me on Instagram@_girl

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Enjoying the story?
Follow me on Instagram
@_girl.imaqueen_
for exclusive behind-the-scenes content, updates on new chapters, and more! Let's connect beyond the pages.
See you there!