19| 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓

I woke up with a pounding headache, feeling like I'd been hit by a freight train

I woke up with a pounding headache, feeling like I'd been hit by a freight train. It took me a moment to recall the events of the previous night, and the realization hit me—I had consumed far more alcohol than my usual limit. Hangovers were the bane of my existence, and I usually took great care to avoid them. However, last night, any semblance of restraint seemed to have evaporated.

As I attempted to move, the gravity of my situation became apparent. I was in my bed, but someone was next to me. Panic set in as I ruled out the possibility of my little sister's presence. I wracked my brain, desperately trying to remember if I had brought a stranger home. The answer, I hoped, was a resounding 'no.' I may have been intoxicated, but hooking up with someone wasn't my style. With trepidation, I looked up to identify the unexpected bedmate.

 "Jungkook, why the heck are you in my bed?" I exclaimed, exerting all my strength to shove him off.

Jungkook tumbled out of bed, startled. His reaction mirrored that of a cornered bunny on the verge of disaster.

 "Because you asked me to," he replied.

I scoffed at the absurdity of his claim. "I don't think so. Why on earth would I want you in my bed for any reason?"

"You did, but you know what Aes, think whatever you want," he retorted, storming out of the room, leaving me bewildered.

As I tried to piece together the events of the night, a wave of guilt washed over me. Slowly, the memories returned—Jungkook had taken care of me. He got me home, helped me change, and stayed with me as I drifted into sleep. Regret gnawed at me; I had misjudged him. I needed to apologize.

After summoning the courage to leave my bed, I found Jungkook in his room, brooding by the window.

 "Jungkook," I murmured softly.

"Go away, Aesira," he snapped without glancing at me.

"I'm sorry I freaked out," I apologized sincerely.

"Whatever, Aesira, you can go now," he dismissed me.

"Thank you for looking after me last night," I expressed, though he remained obstinate.

Feeling guilty, I retreated, resolving to make amends later. A shower rejuvenated me, and as I descended the stairs, the aroma of bacon greeted me. I greeted my family, trying to downplay the rough night. 

Jungkook joined us, seemingly less affected by the previous night's excesses.

My hangover intensified when my little sister loudly summoned Jungkook for breakfast. I groaned, and my family found amusement in my discomfort.

"Morning, Aesira. Rough night?" my father chuckled.

"I have no idea what you mean," I said, feigning innocence.

"Sure you don't, how are you feeling? Serves you right," he laughed.

I stuck my tongue out at him, grabbing a coffee and flopping down on one of the seats.

"Where is Jungkook?" Umma asked.

"Dunno, in his room, probably," I shrugged.

"JUNGKOOK, BREAKFAST!!!" Nari shouted.

I groaned, holding my head. That was not good for the hangover. My parents were finding it amusing. How mean of them! I heard Jungkook come downstairs.

"Yes, Little Lily," Jungkook chuckled.

"You don't seem as rough as Aesira," Appa observed.

"That is because I didn't drink as much," Jungkook laughed.

He made himself a coffee before joining us at the table. My dad was soon serving breakfast—bacon, eggs, sausage, and toast. I had never been happier to see food as I dug right in, shoving the food into my mouth in an unladylike manner. Everyone was staring.

"What, I am hungry," I glared at them.

They all laughed at me. I ignored them and continued with my breakfast.

"How was the party last night?" Umma asked.

"It was not bad," Jungkook shrugged.

"Well, I had fun," I smiled.

I still don't remember everything, but I remember most of the night, and I had a good night.

"A little too much fun," Jungkook mumbled.

"What is that supposed to mean? Am I not allowed to have fun?" I demanded."Nothing, nothing at all," he said, shoving a forkful of food into his mouth.My parents looked between us, both wondering what he was talking about. I don't even know what it means. I did everything that I always do at parties. I don't know his problem. Maybe he is pissed because he didn't get laid because he was looking after me. I didn't ask him to look after me.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧Enjoying the story?Follow me on Instagram@_girl

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Enjoying the story?
Follow me on Instagram
@_girl.imaqueen_
for exclusive behind-the-scenes content, updates on new chapters, and more! Let's connect beyond the pages.
See you there!