33 | 𝑭𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

I collected my belongings, and Jungkook did the same as we ascended the stairs, each making our way into distinct rooms

I collected my belongings, and Jungkook did the same as we ascended the stairs, each making our way into distinct rooms. Taking a moment to organize my possessions, I then reclined on the bed, yearning for a brief respite from the demands of the day. As I closed my eyes to afford them some repose, my tranquility was abruptly disrupted by the sensation of the space beside me gently yielding. Turning my gaze, I discovered Jungkook reclining beside me.

"May I help you?" I queried, lifting an eyebrow. "We've long surpassed the age of ten, and sneaking into my room is no longer a permissible endeavor."

"Am I causing any harm by sharing this space?" he retorted. "I don't see the issue. By the way, I wanted to confirm our plans for tomorrow. Also, shall we venture downstairs today to ensure the swing is still intact before we inform Nari?"

"Sure, that sounds like a plan, but I must freshen up and change first," I responded. "Now, please... GET OUT ! "

"Alright, alright. I'll make my way downstairs," he acquiesced. "See you there."

As he rose from his seat and exited the room, a languid reluctance to move enveloped me, yet the practicalities of the moment demanded action. Summoning the energy, I gathered towels and fresh attire, succumbing to the routine of a swift shower in the bathroom.

After the refreshing interlude, I descended the stairs, rejoining the lively scene outside. A gentle smile graced my lips as I witnessed the enchanting spectacle of Jungkook playfully chasing Nari. The air was filled with her ecstatic squeals and infectious giggles, creating a symphony of pure joy. My own laughter bubbled up as I observed the delightful pursuit, savoring the carefree moments.

Choosing a comfortable spot, I settled down, letting the vibrant energy of the scene wash over me. The dynamics of shared laughter and playful interactions became a canvas of warmth and connection, momentarily captivating my attention in this snapshot of familial bliss.

In the midst of my changing routine, the room's serene atmosphere was interrupted by a delicate knock, the sound resonating through the quietude. Pausing in my movements, I turned my focus toward the door, captivated by the unexpected disturbance. "Come in," I invited, my curiosity piqued as to who sought entry into the temporary sanctuary I had created. The door creaked open, revealing a familiar face cautiously peering into the room, adding an element of suspense to the moment.

To my surprise, Umma stood at the doorway, a sheepish grin on her face. Her presence added a pleasant twist to the ordinary moment.

"Hey," I greeted her, finishing the process of changing.

Hey yourself," She responded with a playful smirk, as she stepped into the room.

"What brings you here, Umma?" I inquired, surprised by the unexpected visit from my mom. Her presence added a comforting touch to the room, and I awaited her response with a mixture of intrigue and warmth.

Umma inquired, "So, Jungkook mentioned that you both are heading down to the lake?"

"Um, Yeah we are" I affirmed, a smile playing on my lips. "We plan to check if the swing is still there, and if all is well, we'll bring Nari along tomorrow."

"I'm certain she'll adore it," Umma remarked with a warm smile. "I believe this weekend away from the hustle and bustle will be beneficial for both of you."

"Perhaps, maybe," I responded with a nonchalant shrug, contemplating the prospect.

The prospect of revisiting these matters weighed heavily on me; I yearned for a collective cessation. The persistent discussions about Jungkook and me returning to our former dynamic felt futile, as the reality was starkly different. Excusing myself from the ongoing discourse, I retreated to the kitchen in pursuit of a respite, opting for a simple glass of water.

In the back of my mind, a glimmer of hope persisted that Jungkook might have had a change of heart. At that moment, the idea of venturing out or spending time in Jungkook's company lost its appeal. Seizing the opportunity while he was engrossed in something else, I contemplated slipping away unnoticed.

Gathering my phone and a bottle of water, I prepared to step out. The notion of carving out some personal time beckoned, a therapeutic escape from the current situation. Given my familiarity with the surroundings, the prospect of getting lost was nonexistent, and the nearby lake served as an inviting destination.

Sensing my phone's presence in my pocket, I retrieved it, revealing Jungkook's name on the screen. Contemplating whether to answer, I decided to entertain the message.

The notification flashed on my screen, and I couldn't ignore the blunt message:

Asshole:Where did you go? I thought we were going to the lake.

Contemplating a response, I decided against it. If he genuinely wants to find me, he can make the effort. The pieces of the puzzle were there; he could easily deduce my whereabouts. Anticipating his potential displeasure for venturing out without him, I remained unbothered.

Slipping my earpods in, I curated a playlist that mirrored the rhythm of my emotions before embarking on a leisurely walk. The act of strolling became a sensory experience, each step syncing with the beat of the music.

 As I traversed the familiar paths, the serene ambiance enveloped me, punctuated only by the gentle hum of nature. The tranquility and quietude were a balm to my restless mind. Yes, this is precisely what I needed – a therapeutic communion with the peaceful rhythm of solitude.

 Yes, this is precisely what I needed – a therapeutic communion with the peaceful rhythm of solitude

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Enjoying the story?
Follow me on Instagram
@_girl.imaqueen_
for exclusive behind-the-scenes content, updates on new chapters, and more! Let's connect beyond the pages.
See you there!