23 | 𝑴𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈

I eavesdrop on the sound of her farewell and deftly distance myself from her bedroom door, feigning emergence from the bathroom with a sense of nonchalance

I eavesdrop on the sound of her farewell and deftly distance myself from her bedroom door, feigning emergence from the bathroom with a sense of nonchalance. "Hey," she utters softly as she descends the stairs, prompting me to trail behind until discovering her in the bustling kitchen.

"Um, you have me staying here for a week longer than planned," I assert, injecting a note of candor into the unexpected extension of my stay.

"What? Why?" She groans, a mixture of surprise and inconvenience tinging her response.

"Because Umma is staying with Halmeoni longer," I explain. "And apparently we are all going next weekend, you, me, Nari, and your parents."

The collective obligation to embark on this familial journey perplexes me; I could have managed the visit solo. "It will be good to see your Halmeoni; I don't think I have seen her in over two years," she reflects, introducing a hint of nostalgia.

We reminisce about the times we used to visit Halmeoni every other weekend and extended stays during summer vacations, a period that once filled us with joy.

 "Yes, she said she is looking forward to seeing you," I convey, offering a smile that masks the trepidation I feel about the impending reunion.

Despite my reservations, I express a shared sentiment of anticipation. Yet, deep down, I know the visit might open old wounds, especially regarding the strained friendship between Aesira and me.

 "I am sure she will have a few things to say to us," she remarks with a playful giggle.

"I also just thought that myself," I chuckle, acknowledging the impending lecture on our fractured friendship and my own less-than-admirable behavior.

As Aesira retrieves a soda and some fruit, she casually announces, "I will see you at dinner," before retreating upstairs to her room.

 I contemplate following her, a part of me yearning to mend the emotional distance between us. However, I decide against it, feeling the need to escape for a while. Grabbing my phone, I exit the house without a specific destination in mind, finding solace in the woods where I can contemplate and be alone.

Reflecting on the strange weekend, I eagerly await the return to school, a setting that, surprisingly, promises respite from the complexities of my relationship with Aesira.

 The prospect of physical distance during school hours seems appealing, providing an opportunity to recalibrate. I resolve to find a distraction, scrolling through my phone's list of contacts, contemplating reaching out to someone. The idea of connecting with others for a few hours serves as a welcome diversion, offering a temporary escape.

Maybe, just maybe, the extended stay with Aesira's family will not be as undesirable as I initially thought. Perhaps, within the confines of time, something miraculous might transpire—a chance for improvement and reconciliation in our strained relationship.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Author's Note:
🎄✨ Merry Christmas, dear Wattpad readers! 📚🎅

With sincere thanks, here's a small Christmas gift for all of you. I wanted to express my gratitude. Thank you all! As the holidays surround us with warmth, I want to thank each of you for making my Wattpad journey magical. Wishing you a Christmas filled with joy, laughter, and bliss, and may your hearts be brimming with love and kindness. Whether you're enjoying a good book or time with loved ones, may this festive season bring you the happiness you deserve.

Thank you for being a part of my Wattpad family. Your comments, votes, and messages have been the greatest gifts, and I look forward to sharing more stories and adventures with you in the coming year.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas filled with love, wonder, and the joy of storytelling. 🎁📖✨

With sincere thanks,
𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟 🌟

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧Enjoying the story?Follow me on Instagram@_girl

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Enjoying the story?
Follow me on Instagram
@_girl.imaqueen_
for exclusive behind-the-scenes content, updates on new chapters, and more! Let's connect beyond the pages.
See you there!