Chapter 17

*In the room*

Fakhir's pov( I can't believe I am back here..not much has changed in this room..So many memories flashed back into my brain..so many moments with Aeniy..I mean this is where we started as partners for mutual benefits to two people accepting the relationship we were forced into..to being Anaya's parents..to Aeniy walking away on me..we have been through so much right here in this room..)

(While Thinking about all this Fakhir hears the door knob creek..)

*Aeniy enters and Both of  them make eye contact*

Fakhir: Aeniy....

( Aeniy  sees  Fakhir completely shocked..)

Aeniy's pov( There I saw him..in life and flesh..the person my heart longed for..The person I spent all my sleepless nights thinking about..But it also brought me back to the harsh reality of  the fact that he can never love me..brought back the same pain..I felt when I ended thing with him..my eyes started getting watery..I wiped my  tears.. and told myself  to be strong..and not let him know what was going inside me...)

Aeniy:( tries hard to frame words) Fakhir...

Fakhir: How are you Aeniy...

Aeniy: I am doing fine...How is your masters going..( trying to avoid eye contact)

Fakhir: I am done with it..I graduated 3 days back..I rushed back as soon as It was done..

Aeniy: That is great Fakhir..Congratulations..Badi Ammi and Anaya miss you a lot..

Fakhir: Didn't you miss me? You never even picked my call..Aeniy..(Goes close to her..with in an instant she moves away) Can't we just get back to how things were?

Aeniy: NO!! ( STRENLY RAISES HER VOICE)

Fakhir: Aeniy...

Aeniy: Let me make one thing clear Fakhir...Even if you are back..you are just back as Anaya's father..as Badi Ammi's son..Nothing above that..So lets be civil for Anaya..( stern)

Fakhir: Aeniy listen to me once..( desperately)

Aeniy: Fakhir lets not make this hard for each other..( teary)

(Anaya enters)

(Aeniy and Fakhir keep aside the tension and ease out so that Anaya doesn't see them like that)

Anaya: Amma...How do you like my surprise..Baba told me all his time is mine right Baba?( excited)

Fakhir:( picks her up) Of course baby..

Aeniy: Is it? One happy girl Anaya is today...

Anaya: Yes..yes..Anaya is very happy today...And Amma Uncle Hamza is calling you..

Aeniy: Yaya I will go and speak to him..Anaya you come down its almost dinner time..

(Aeniy along with Anaya leaves the room)

Fakhir's pov( There she was..She is even more beautiful now.. her emerald green eyes..Were still the same..The warmth she had for me was evident but it disappeared when I spoke to her.. My heart somehow became stable within seconds of seeing her..I mean this is the power that she has on me..She was in complete shock...I tried talking to her..she avoided my eye contact..Cause she very knew I could read her like an open book..My heart felt a sharp  pain when she said I was nothing to her...She again left me alone and headed out..But I am not going to loose hope..Because I know very well how Aeniy is...And I am going to make sure we get back together no matter what...)