Chapter 15

*two years later*

(Fakhir along with Ahemad and Amna moved to the United States as per his schedule with a lot of guilt and feeling completely lost with his situation with Aeniy..He needed time..to figure out what was going inside him..with his heart..And Aeniy, One thing he was sure about  about was his love for Anaya..He loved his daughter unconditionally. Although he really liked spending time with his friends..But Anaya was very important to him..He only leaves when Sameena promises to keep him updated regarding Anaya through videos and calls..As time passed by he had made it a part of his routine to speak to Anaya everyday and send her gifts on all her special days1..being far yet he tried to make sure that Anaya knew her dad and built a bond with her.. )

(Aeniy on the other hand, moved back into the family home,  started working as a business analyst...She  Had become financially independent for Anaya,  Aeniy was a very responsible mother, her world revolved around Anaya..Her determination was much more stronger now since she wanted to give a better life for Anaya..Aeniy had decided to keep her feelings and pain aside and worked hard, taking care of Anaya..)

*USA*

(Fakhir was sitting on the porch...sitting alone and gazing at the sky outside the window and looking into his phone..seeing the pictures and videos his mother sent him)

Fakhir's pov( Its been two years..since  I moved here..away from everyone and Everything I was familiar with..away from my daughter Anaya..and away from..Aeniy..I have texted and called Aeniy countless times, At this point I have almost lost hope..that she is ever going to speak to me..The pain I saw in her eyes that day still haunts me..Nights are the hardest..I was so used to having Aeniy slowly breathing in her sleep next to me..Now sleeping alone on the bed without her, I can never put myself to sleep, Its almost like I have insomnia now..I feel a void, That void eats me up every night..Although I have been in constant touch with Amma, my baby girl calls me Baba, now I feel so glad and happy when she waits for my calls and gifts, I make sure to speak to my little girl everyday..Aeniy never comes into the frame.,Amma sends me videos of every tiny growth of Anaya..I do get a small glimpse of Aeniy in them every once in a while..every time I see her my heart feels a little tingle..The ends of my lips curl up a little more than usual unknowingly. Later I get hit by the harsh reality..That she does not want to be with me anymore, No matter how much I tried to be happy..telling myself this is all I wanted..An out..a get away from  my responsibilities..From being a father..From being Aeniy's husband..And being together with Amna..Now that I have everything I ever wanted..I was no where near happiness..(tears up) Why??)

(Ahemad enters and sees Fakhir)

Ahemad: Fakhir..What is wrong? ever since we left home you have been so quite and dull..

Fakhir: I really don't know man..No matter how big the fight was Aeniy could never go a night without speaking to me..even when we were cousins, Now its been two years..I have tried so many times..

Ahemad: Didn't she hand you over the divorce papers? Doesn't that mean she wants to end things with you, Shouldn't you be happy? You are away from her..with Amna..

Fakhir: Exactly!! Why am I not happy..I have always wanted this life..Even before Baba forced me into marrying her..Now that I am away from her..Why is it so hard? Why does my mind keep going back to her..Why do I keep thinking about her...(lost)

Ahemad: I guess you are missing her..Fakhir..You have always cared about her..Even when she was just your cousin..Aeniy was there for you in your toughest times..She has always been there and supported you in ways no other person could have supported, But you were never ready to look beyond the that fact the you were forced into that relationship..