Season 2 - Episode 1

Season 2 - Episode 1: The Gungnir Girl & Rider Boy

ガングニールの少女&ライダーボーイ

Ringo wa ukanda osora ni...

(The apple floated in the great sky...)

In black and white, the camera drifted across the scene of a battle. It was underground, the only source of light were the barely flickering lights and the crimson blaze of the fire among the countless falling debris.

Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni...

(The apple fell down to the earth...)

It drifted to the appearance of a young girl dressed in a symphogear with her back turned. Who she was was a mystery, but in her hand she held a small item, its colors basked in black and white.

Hoshi ga umarete uta ga umarete

(The stars are born, the songs are born)

The scene began to shake, moving downwards to a still working screen. On it, it showed various data on the item, but remained a mystery as several cracks ran through it before it shut off, burning up with everything else.

Ruru ameru wa waratta tokoshie to

(And the Lulu Amelu smiled for all eternity)

The girl's symphogear was dismissed, leaving her in a regular outfit. She was unfazed by the fire and the heat, still singing. Behind her, someone was crawling over the debris, attempting to reach her.

Hoshi ga kisushite uta ga nemutte

(The stars kiss and the songs sleep)

The other person, a girl around the same age, attempted to call out to her, to reach out to her, but the blaze around her made her flinch.

Kaeru toko wa doko deshō...?

(Where will they return home to...?)

Slowly, the girl before her turned around, blood running down her face as if it were tears, slipping from between her lips.

Kaeru toko wa doko deshō...?

(Where will they return home to...?)

She seemed to say something, but it went missing in the silence of the song. The other tried calling out again, but was tackled by an older woman, knocking her out of the way as a chunk of the roof fell down on top of them.

Ringo wa okkochita jibeta ni...

(The apple fell down to the earth...)

The scared girl tried to look at her again, to look at her sister, but more debris had begun to fall around them, hiding the girl from her view.

Ringo wa ukanda osora ni...

(The apple floated in the great sky...)

She tried one last time to call out, but the blaze roared louder, scorching everything. The only thing that proved brighter was a flash of white light that shone through the fire before it faded to black.

(Play Dark Oblivion by Yōko Hikasa)

(Lost in a world gone astray,)

(Questions, nothing left to say.)

(But still tomorrow remains, yeaaah!!)

It began to show the moon, a singular ring made up of its debris floating around it. A chunk was missing, having been blown off and shattered months ago. In an instant, it changed to a woman with bright pink hair, dressed in a deep violet outfit before a flashing screen. She seemed to be holding a concert based on her outfit and the fact she was singing. A clap of thunder and rain changed it to a scene of a train being chased by a horde of aerial Noise while it was storming. Various turrets deployed from the roof, firing in an attempt to remove its intruders, but they just seemed to pass through without a thought.