CHAPTER-06

I know I am late but..Happy Diwali Starrys..!!!May the divine light of Diwali fill your life with love prosperity and happiness.. Wishing you a Diwali filled with love and laughter. May this festival bring you endless joy and success.Regards 

~Sia

Author's POV

Sitting on the edge of the bed Inaya observed the interior of her new shared bedroom.. The interiors screamed luxury.. The walls were painted dark blue with white center pieces decorating the room in a certain way..

She mentally thanked god for not decorating the room like the rest of the house.. She could hear laughs and giggles from downstairs.. 

She walked towards the window which was big enough to stare at the moonlight which was the only source of the light in the room..

Her palms turned sweaty when she heard the room unlocking sound.. She wiped her palms in her saree and tried to maintain her posture.. 

Samar marched towards her and maintained a decent distance between them.. Before he could start Inaya started..

"Let me tell you.. This marriage is for the political reasons.. Honestly I don't think I will able to give my 100 percent in this wedding.. So it's better for you to be ready for the divorce after the election.." 

He pushed her on the wall beside the window and pinned her between the wall and himself.. He growled near her ear..

"I thought we would be discussing about ourselves, but here you are blaming myself over me.. I was not the one begging your father to get me married to you.. If you were forced then I was too.. And know if you have the courage to give me divorce then I will also see.." 

He moved away from her and went inside the washroom.. She looked at his fainting figure with heavy breathing.. 

She slide down the wall an held her nuptial chain in her hand and sobbed quietly.. The last person she trusted after her father was also the same as others..

She felt wasted.. After she heard the door unlocked she quickly got up and wiped the tears..

"Go and get changed.." He coldly said to her and marched towards the bed.. She opened her bag and got some night clothes..

After changing into comfortable clothing she sat on the couch and started arranging the pillows..

"If you are comfortable in sleeping on a 4 feet couch then it's fine.. But I think you'll not fit.." He sarcastically asked.. She rolled her eyes and got up..

She sat on the left side of the bed and placed the pillows she earlier picked from the couch and placed them between them..

"Don't cross this line.." She said and he nodded.. He was too busy in his phone to look over her.. She lied on the bed and covered herself with blanket.. She face the other side of the room and closed her eyes..

After an hour Samar looked around and found the pillow wall built on his now divided queen size bed.. He recalled her words and peeked on the other side of the bed..

He smiled at her sleeping figure and slumped on the other side of the bed.. He closed the night lamps and started thinking about his life..

How he got married from someone he desired but she never wanted him in her life.. How could she, she loved his brother..

The unsaid promises he made to her were long forgotten.. He knew it would be difficult for her to accept everything. But what she said earlier today made him realize how wrong he did to accept the proposal with her without her knowledge..

He just wished for their welfare and good luck for the party.. Next he knew why the sleep which consumed him..

THE NEXT DAY

Inaya woke up early and got ready for the day.. Although their relationship was fake but she knew about her responsibilities towards his family..

She turned to look at the bed which was empty.. He woke up before her and left her alone in the room on her first day..

Well she deserved this.. She shouldn't have shouted on him on first place.. He was also forced in to the relationship..

She looked  in the mirror for the last time and then went downstairs..

She found her mother and father in law sitting on the couch in the living room along with Shivam and his wife Mihika.. 

Their love story made many headlines of the newspaper.. Mihika was a daughter of famous film producer meanwhile Shivam belonged to the political family..

The news of them being together spread like wildfire.. The opposition party took advantage of this and blamed the Mehras for using film industry for their benefits..

But they fought together for their love and got married after 6 months of the controversy.. At first Mihika's parents were not ready, but after finding about Shivam they realized what a gem their daughter has got..

She smiled at them and went towards them to greet them..

"Good Morning Mrs. Samar Mehra.." Mihika said and nuged her shoulders with Inaya who replied back with a shy smile on her lips.. 

TBC