CHAPTER-16

Author's POV
2 days before  the marriage

Tahira was sitting  on the chair tapping her feet nervously on the floor waiting for someone.. She looked at her wrist watch and then in front. She saw Kabir and motioned him to sit.

"So.. Why are we here..?" He asked placing his phone on the table.. She took a deep breathe and looked him in the eye before she started speaking.. "I think, we should consider this in our upcoming pact.." She said while placong a bunch of papers on the table.

His gaze shifted from her face to the papers. He picked them up and started reading them. His hands turned into a fist as he roughly slammed the paper on the table. "What the hell is this...?" He whispered yell at her due to the people around them.

"I-It's a contract.." She stuttered. " I know this a contract Tahira, but why do we need this huh..?!" He asked in a low voice sending shiver down her spine. She again took a deep breathe and looked at him with almost no expression on her face.

"It was their decision in marrying us, but we will follow the rules made by me. So either sign this or forget me.." She said and crossed her legs. "Why..?" Only a word came out his mouth. He felt tired. Can't he get peace in his life for once..?

"Cause.. I want it.. I want it for my protection.." She forced out.. He smirked at her choice of words and sat comfortably on his chair. He picked up the papers from the table and signed them using a pen. He threw it on her side.

" I do.. Anything else..?" He asked getting up and fixing his coat.." She picked up the papers and studied them carefully. He accepted every single condition of hers without much objection. She corrected her posture and passed the papers to her manager who was standing beside her.

"Nope.. That's all for now.." She concluded and he walked away wearing his sunglasses. He didn't even bothered to ask her for lift. Maybe she deserved it. She thought it and also walked away out of the restaurant.

Kabir came back home and directly went inside his room. It became his habit after Emily's death. He didn't enjoyed staying out for a long time. He preferred going to work in the morning and returning back as soon as work ended. Nobody questioned him as they knew he needed some time.

He threw his coat across the floor and sat on the bed with his fingers ruining his perfectly gelled hair. The conditions in the contract flooded his thought..

"You are not allowed to touch me without my consent. We will never have any sexual encounters through out the period of our marriage."

Although it seemed normal at first, but once he asked the reason everything got cleared. She was using him in the same way he was using her. They knew a part of them would use them physically and therefore applied some conditions.

He knew that it was hard to move on but he already started accepting Emily was gone and he had to continue his journey without him. But with these sort of conditions, it pulled him back again to where he was.

He started having some kind of feelings for her due to their conversation in the past after Emily and Aakash's death, but after the conversation today he realized that she would never accept him in the first place.

She lost her love, her freedom because of him. Her mother wanted her to get married to Kabir but eventually agreed as she saw love in Aakash's eyes, but it all went it vain due to his enemity.

Present Day

Inaya looked at the test in her hand and tears started pooling in her eyes.. It can't be true.. Right..!

She washed her hands and wiped her tears. She picked up the kit and threw it in the nearby dustbin placed in the washroom. She went back to her room and slumped on the bed.

It was something she and Samar never talked or even thought about. The two pink lines on the test confirmed that the fruit of their love was inside her. She didn't had any problem in conceiving the child, she felt prepared. But the current situation of Kabir's sudden decision and election results have stressed her out.

She didn't wanted her child to feel the same she felt in her childhood. She wanted him or her to be born in a  normal surrounding. She decided to talk to Samar about this later in the day.

Nitin and Yug sat in front of each other on a mahogany table sipping on their drinks occasionally while discussing about the Mehra brothers.

"You already know the results for tomorrow.." Nitin whispered. "They planned it really well.. First the election and then the wedding.." Yug replied while playing with the glass..

The bitterness of their recent electoral defeat lingered, fueling their desire for revenge against Kabir and Samar. Nitin spoke with a sinister grin, "Yug, we cannot let them revel in their victory. We need to tarnish their image and make them pay for what they did to us in the elections."

Yug nodded in agreement, "Absolutely, Nitin. We can't let them bask in their success for long. We need a plan that will ruin their reputation and bring them down."

Meanwhile, Inaya whispered to Samar, "I can't believe we're married, and you've won the election on the same day. It's like a dream come true."

Samar smiled, "Yes, Inaya, it feels surreal. But we need to be cautious. Politics is a tricky game, and our opponents won't take this defeat lightly."

As Kabir prepared to take the pledge for becoming the next chief minister, Nitin and Yug schemed in the shadows. Nitin chuckled, "Let's expose their secrets and make the public turn against them. We'll destroy their political careers and make them regret crossing paths with us."

Back in the celebration, Samar whispered to Kabir, "This victory is just the beginning. We have to stay vigilant and watch our backs. Nitin won't take this defeat lightly."

Kabir nodded, "You're right, bhai. We need to be prepared for whatever they throw at us."

As Kabir took the oath, the room echoed with applause, symbolizing a new chapter in their lives. However, the shadows of conspiracy were already at play.

 "Nitin and Yug aren't the only ones plotting against us. There are bigger players in this game, and we need to be ready for what's coming. We can't let our guard down." His voice echoed the silent warehouse.

TBC