CHAPTER-12

Author's POV

As the morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, Samar and Inaya lay in each other's arms, their bodies intertwined and their hearts content. The previous night had been a blur of passion and love, and now they found themselves shyly gazing into each other's eyes.

"That was... amazing." Samar finally whispered, breaking the comfortable silence between them. Inaya blushed, a smile spreading across her face.

"I have never felt so beautiful and loved," she replied, her fingers tracing patterns on Samar's bare chest.

"You are both," Samar said, his voice filled with sincerity. "I am just glad that I could make you feel that way."

Inaya leaned in closer, her lips almost touching Samar's. 'You did more than just make me feel beautiful, you showed me that I am worthy of love,' she said, her eyes brimming with tears.

Samar gently wiped away her tears. "You are worthy of all the love in the world, my darling. And I promise to always give you that."

The two of them shared a tender kiss, their bodies still wrapped in the warmth of their love. But as the tranquility of the moment settled over them, a sense of unease crept into Samar's mind. He couldn't shake off the feeling that something ominous was on the horizon, threatening to shatter their idyllic bliss.

Together, they would face whatever danger was coming their way, their love giving them the strength to overcome any obstacle.

But little did they know that the danger was lurking just around the corner, waiting to strike at their vulnerable hearts. And as they held each other tight, they both knew that their love would be tested in ways they could have never imagined.

He pecked her lips and got up picking his clothes and going inside the washroom. Inaya looked at her husband's figure going inside the washroom. She was visibly confused at his sudden change in demeanor.

She sat on bed and got her phone from the night stand beside the bed. She scrolled down her notification bar and found a news, her eyes widen in surprise. 

She covered herself with the blanket and took the television remote on the night stand opposite to her side. She switched it on and pressed the numbers to switch channel from daily soap to news.

"The death of Bikram Singh came out as a surprise this morning. Statements released by the police states that his car was set on fire due to petrol leak.." The news anchor said while showing the images of the burned car.

Her eyes came out. She saw the person talking with Shivam before Samar came to their room. He was crying in front of them and he patted his back to calm him down. She saw later Samar towards them coming and asking that man to follow him inside the meeting room.

As she looked at the television screen trying to connect the pieces, her husband came out of the bathroom after getting showered. He was wiping his wet hair from the towel.

She went towards their bed and took the remote from her hand and switched the tv off. He cupped her cheeks and shifted her attention to him. He pecked her lips and ran his fingers through her long hair.

"Samar.. Where were you yesterday..?" She asked in a serious tone. Her mood was already spoiled. He knew her husband was cruel when it came to his loved ones, but this was getting out of hands.

"I was with you.." His smile was general. "No.. Before you came to me, where were you..?" She added pressure in her voice. 

"What happened..?" His voice came out cold. He knew there was no point of lying to her. She is his wife and she has every rights to ask him about his whereabouts.

"That guy.. Bikram, I saw him talking to you and Shivam bhaiya. He was the part of opposition party but came to our office. Why ?" She asked placing her hands over his. She didn't wanted him to say the things she had in her mind.

"Cause they were forcing him to find information about us, but he got caught. We told him to work for us and leave, but God had some other plans for him." He said with no emotions. He doesn't seem affected at all.

"You did.." She didn't even completed the sentence when he pulled  her closer to him and placed his lips over her. He slowly kissed her trying to remove any thoughts from her mind.

She kissed him back feeling defeated. He pulled back and pecked her forehead. 
"Just remember, he was punished for his wrong deeds." He whispered in her ears and got up from the bed.

She saw him tying his tie and leaving for the breakfast. She sighed and got up from the bed to get ready  for the day.

FLASHBACK (DAY BEFORE ACCIDENT)

Bikram could feel the blood pounding in his ears as he was dragged through the dimly lit underground tunnels towards a small, secluded room. His heart raced with fear and he knew that he was in deep trouble.

"Where are you taking me?" he asked, his voice quivering with fear.

One of his captors, a tall and well-built man with a rough voice, turned to him with a sinister smile. "To meet our bosses. And let me tell you, they are not happy with you."

Bikram's mind raced, trying to figure out what went wrong. He had been careful, he thought. He had been a spy for the opposition party, gathering information from the inside to use against the powerful businessmen and mafia king, Samar, Shivam and Kabir.

But now, it seemed like he had been caught.

The door to the room opened and Bikram's captors pushed him inside. As his eyes adjusted to the dim light, he saw three men sitting around a large table, smoking cigars. He recognized them immediately - Samar, Shivam and Kabir.

"So this is the guy who has been causing us trouble," Samar said, his voice dripping with venom.

TBC