CHAPTER-17

Author's POV

Shivam was rummaging through the document papers they collected from Nitin and Yug during the shootout after Arjun's death. It all seemed fine at first but as he started to investigate deeper he realized something was wrong. 

His secretary came inside with a file in his hand. He asked him to go through the papers again as he took the file from his hand. He scanned through the file as rage filled into his blood. This was his beyond expectations and he will take answer for every question by any mean.

Meanwhile.

Inaya stepped out the doctor's cabin with reports in her hands. She lost her balance and sat on the chair nearby. Her bodyguard passed her water which she gulped down quickly. She lowered down her head in her lap as tears started falling from her eyes.

It was true. She was pregnant of 7 weeks. She couldn't believe her ears when her doctor confirmed it. She got up and asked her guards to drive her to Samar's Office.

After 30 minutes, she reached the head quarters of ITEX ( Mehra's business) headquarter. She stepped inside the building with the reports in her hand. She informed his secretary of her visit and asked him to inform Samar about it.

She reached his cabin and entered after knocking. Samar who got disturbed by the sound of the door opening found Inaya standing in front of him with red eyes. 

He wen to her and cupped her cheeks. He made her sit on the couch as he sat on his knees near her. "What happened..?" His voice was filled with concern..

She looked at him and broke into tears. He sat beside her and pulled her in a hug. She hugged him back crying on his chest. After few minutes her breathing got normal and she stopped crying..

"Ina.. Baby what happened please tell me.." He was himself on the verge of breaking down. In their 7 month relation he never saw her this broken. " I am Pregnant.." She said with almost no emotions.

He couldn't believe his ears. She is pregnant.. He is going to be a father.. She is going to be a mother.. They are becoming parents..!!!!

The next moment Inaya was in the air with her husband spinning her around. She hit him on the shoulders multiple times before he placed her carefully back on the couch. She calmed down her rapid breathing and looked at her husband with fire in her eyes.

"Are you happy..?" Her voice came out as a whisper. "Of course.. I am so happy. We are going to be parents Ina.. You will be the mom I will the dad." He said and pecked her whole face making her giggle.

"Is this the reason for your tears..?" He asked. She nodded quietly. "Oh my baby.. You thought I would be upset about this.. How silly of you to think that. I love you and would love this little munchkin more. Thank you so much.." He pulled her in her relaxing all of her stress..

On the other hand, Tahira was fixing her files when somewhen held her wrist and pushed her on the wall. He caged her between the wall and himself. She opened her eyes and found Kabir staring at her soul, more like glaring.

"What do you think of yourself huh..?" He asked passing shivers down her spine. She took a deep breathe before staring at him with the same intensity. " That I am Tahira Ahuja.. CEO of the Vardhan Automobiles and the wife of Chief Minister Kabir Mehra.."

Kabir removed his hands from her setting her free. She had made a place for herself in his heart. Only a month of their wedding but she had made a soft spot in his heart. He didn't knew about her but she surely does meant something more than a contract to him.

"Who said you to talk like that to Emily's mother..?" He asked in a calm voice.. "Oh hello.. She was the one who started it. Because of me she lost her daughter.. Like aunty, even I lost my Akash.. Did I bother you..? No right.." She said with sarcasm..

His heart ached a little as she highlighted the words MY AKASH.. It was hard to move on but.. She can try right..? Maybe he could wait a little more for her.

In Night.

Shivam came home in a disheveled state. His hair messed up, loosen tie and tired eyes. He went straight to his room and found his 8 month pregnant wife reading a book on the bed. He went to her and settled his head on his lap.

Mihika looked at him with wide eyes. For the first time in their 2 years of marriage he behaved like this. She knew he was stressed due to his duties as Vice Chief Minister and CEO but he never let the work stress overcome his real personality.

She kept the book on the nightstand and corrected her posture. She made him lie comfortably on her lap as she massaged his scalp. She was hummin some songs when she felt something wet on her lap.

Was he crying..? She tried to get him up by placing her hand under his head for support but he pushed his head more on her lap trying his best to not hurt their unborn child.

He started crying bitterly in her lap making her more worried.. "He lied to me.. He lied to us Mihi.." He whispered..

TBC