CHAPTER-09

Author's POV

The sound of phone breaking woke up everyone in the Mehra house wide awake.. Inaya and Emily decided to sleep on the couch as their husband and boyfriend were out still last night..

They peeked upstairs to notice if Mihika was awake or not.. After checking thoroughly they went towards the kitchen area from where the sound came..

They saw her mother in law sitting beside the broken phone with the little piece of glass inside her palm..

Inaya rushed towards her and held her in the arms, meanwhile Emily went to grab the first aid box..

"H-He is gone.." Jaya whispered.. She looked at her mother in law whose face had lost all of its color.. 

Emily came with the aid box and started treating Jaya.. She seemed unaffected from the burns and uneasiness.. After getting treated they picked her up and walked her to her bedroom..

Inaya is sitting inside her own bedroom trying to contact her husband for the last 20 minutes.. She received a message from Kabir asking her to leave for the graveyard with their mother..

She tried to contact both of them but none of them were answering calls or messages.. She even tried to contact to Shivam but his phone was told to be switched off..

After all the final rites of Arjun everyone except the brothers were back at home.. Jaya walked towards her room as she had no mood of sitting along side with everyone.. She needed some alone time for herself..

On the other hand (At some old warehouse)

In the dimly lit corridors of political intrigue, Nitin Singhania, the charismatic leader of the opposition, paced restlessly in his office

In the dimly lit corridors of political intrigue, Nitin Singhania, the charismatic leader of the opposition, paced restlessly in his office. Yug Kumar, his astute assistant, sifted through a mountain of classified documents, their contents whispering secrets of the ruling party's machinations. Little did they know that across the city, Kabir, Samar, and Shivam from the ruling party were closing in, determined to unearth the opposition's exclusive plot.

As Nitin studied the files, a flicker of suspicion danced in his eyes. "Yug, there's something deeper here. I can feel it. The ruling party isn't just playing the political game; they're orchestrating a grand scheme."

Yug nodded, his brow furrowed in concentration. "You're right, Nitin. These documents reveal a network of surprising operations like the relations with Vardhan's seems a bit stressful. But, we need more evidence."

Meanwhile, Kabir, Samar, and Shivam were busy decrypting intercepted messages that hinted at Nitin's next move. Their mission was clear—neutralize the opposition's plan, whatever it might be.

After their father's death last night, both the brothers were sure about Nitin and his party's hand in the crime but they couldn't do anything as it would harm their image more.. The elections were after 3 weeks ad they had to plan many things..

In the heart of the city, Nitin and Yug decided to meet a trusted informant at an inconspicuous café. Little did they know that their every move was being tracked by Kabir's team. The informant arrived, a shroud of secrecy enveloping him. As he began to deliver critical information, a sudden burst of gunfire erupted.

The café transformed into chaos as Nitin and Yug dived for cover. Kabir's team, swift and tactical, closed in. "Nitin Singhania, your political games end here," Kabir declared, his gun trained on Nitin.

Nitin, undeterred, responded with a wry smile, "You may have your guns, Kabir, but the truth is my most potent weapon."

Amidst the gunfire, Yug managed to slip away, clutching the crucial documents. As the café echoed with the sounds of the clandestine clash, Nitin and Kabir engaged in a war of words, each trying to outmaneuver the other.

In the midst of the chaos, Samar, one of Kabir's team members, intercepted Yug. "Hand over the documents, or things will get messy," Samar warned, his gun menacingly pointed at Yug.

Yug, quick-witted and resourceful, smirked. "You'll have to catch me first," he retorted, darting through the puzzling alleys of the city, Samar in hot pursuit.

Back at the café, Nitin and Kabir reached a temporary truce. "What are you after, Nitin?" Kabir questioned, his gaze unwavering.

Nitin, his eyes reflecting defiance, responded, "The truth. The people deserve to know the puppeteers pulling the strings of power."

Their confrontation was interrupted by a mysterious figure—a common enemy who had been manipulating both sides for personal gain. "Gentlemen, there's more at stake here than your political vendettas. Follow me if you want to uncover the real threat."

Intrigued, Nitin and Kabir reluctantly joined forces, their guns holstered for the moment. The mysterious figure led them to an old warehouse on the outskirts of the city—an inconspicuous place concealing the secrets that had fueled the political firestorm.

TBC