Author's Note and Characters

Hey yall, it's Rose!

If you're new here, welcome! If you've been here a while, I know this is long overdue, and I thank you for your patience!

This book is a labor of love from a lifelong Michael fan. I first began writing fan fiction back in 2010 on teennick.com (real ones know) and ultimately migrated over to MJfiction.com (even realer ones definitely know) back as a middle schooler/freshman who couldn't stop thinking about her favorite entertainer. Even as I got older and started writing poetry and short stories about the boys I was beginning to crush on in real life, I always carried the idea of this story with me.

Back then Jacqueline's name was Vanessa and in some versions she was also a singer, sometimes a host and comedian. Details would change as I grew, but she was always a New York girl with a love for family, an alluring star like quality about her, and who didn't play about Michael. Inspired by wives of moguls who became trendsetters and bosses in their own right, while holding down their home, I wanted to explore what it would be like to be the partner of such an otherworldly, powerful, and complicated man like Michael. I know she would have to be strong, grounded, and assertive, while still retaining warmth, passion, and sweetness. Thus, Jacqueline was born.

We begin in the late 70's in New York City, which is home for Michael for the next 6 months, and Jacqueline's playground for her whole life. We will follow Michael, Jacqueline and their band of family and friends as they meet and build the bedrock of a truly epic dynasty of love. This is the first book of three and will run up through 1979.

As a disclaimer, this story will include profanity, sexual language and activity, substance use, light violence and other mature themes, so please read with that in mind. I am a reader and lover of fanfiction and romance in general and within the MJ community there are a lot of common tropes and themes, but I make great effort to remain original and I assure you that and resemblance to anyone else's work is a coincidence.

When I'm not a creative writer, I am a music and pop culture journalist, so the songs I choose to feature and the cameos and notable figures who are within this book are always chosen with intention to inform the setting and cultural context of the work.

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed conceiving and writing it and please be sure to vote, comment and share! I love feedback and hearing your thoughts and predictions and welcome any and all of it! Happy reading ❤️

- Rose