Chapter 14, Part 2 - The Party

The sun was high in the sky, shining a beautiful glow across midtown Manhattan

The sun was high in the sky, shining a beautiful glow across midtown Manhattan. The city was alive with bustling people, streets congested with taxis, and subway trains whirring underground without delay. But within the confines of his luxury hotel room, Steven Randall, the youngest Jackson brother, remained wrapped in slumber, oblivious to the city's lively rhythm. Until that is, the abrupt intrusion of his elder brothers shattered the tranquility.

With a resounding clap that echoed through the room, Marlon burst in with a force of energy and determination. His voice, a commanding presence, sliced through the air like a wake-up call.

"Rise and shine and give god the glory, Boongie!" Marlon's exhortation reverberated off the walls, jolting Randy from his peaceful reverie with a startle.

As Randy blinked away the remnants of sleep, Marlon marched across the room with purpose. With a swift motion, he flung open the curtains, flooding the room with the brilliant glow of the morning sun. The once-dim space was instantly transformed into a beacon of light, inviting Randy to join the world beyond the confines of his bed.

"What the hell is wrong with you man?" Randy growled, looking up at Marlon with a tight squint as his eyes adjusted to the abrupt burst of light.

"We got too much shit to do today for you to sleep the day away," Tito said, rattling Randy further as he became aware that there wasn't only one disturber of his peace, but two. "We've been to breakfast and a little gift shopping and back and you still in here dead and stankin'. You need to get up."

Sucking his teeth, Randy pulled his down hotel blanket back up over his head.

"Man, leave me alone!" he protested fiercely, his voice muffled but sharp. "Ain't this a vacation?"

Marlon laughed to himself and looked at his older brother, giving him a nod. With determination etched on his face, Tito strode purposefully toward the bed, his steps echoing with resolve.

In one swift motion, Tito seized the edge of the comforter and gave it a decisive tug, yanking it away with a strength that belied his calm demeanor. As the fabric fluttered to the floor, Randy found himself suddenly exposed, his polka-dotted briefs a comical contrast against the backdrop of the plush hotel bedding.

"Goddammit!" Randy's voice rose in indignation, his eyes widening in shock as he scrambled to shield himself from the unwanted intrusion.

But Marlon and Tito though doubled over with laughter, were undeterred, their mission clear as they stood firm in their resolve to rouse their reluctant brother from his slumber.

"We've got too much on the agenda for you to sleep the day away," Tito declared, his tone firm but laced with an underlying sense of amusement. "Get up and shower, boy."

Randy groaned in protest, but Marlon simply grinned, unbothered by his brother's resistance.

"You can do this the easy way or the hard way, the choice is yours."