Chapter 94: Miracle

TW: Mentions of War and Death

*****************************

Three mermen, or atleast it looked like that, wearing long cloaks were swimming through the loud crowded market place, unrecognized by anyone, because cloak's huge hoods were hiding their faces.

It was evening, the sellers were closing their shops and nobody seemed to even notice the shady silhouttes making their way across.

Dream was swimming a little higher than the others. To ensure no flow would blow his cloak away and reveal him, he had received the biggest cloak the owner had, which was way too big for him.
When he had tried it on, it had dragged on the floor and swirled up a bunch of sand, blinding everyone around him and attracting a bunch of unwanted attention.

Honestly, the mermaid kingdom didn't look much different than the sirens except for the food stands, which sold vegeterian food instead of fish, although he noticed the merfolk seemed happier altogether. Also, less houses looked broken or abandoned, signalising the wealth was bigger. Yet he knew the sirens had a much more developed army... or could that be connected somehow? He would have to do some research some time...
But not now.

Right now he was in the middle of his enemy's kingdom on his way to the probably most dangerous place in the whole ocean. The castle.

Where George lived. His stupid adorable merman friend and secret crush, who was apparently the prince. Oh, wonderful.

Out of the billions of sea creatures he could be in love with, he had to fall for the one that was the farthest away, the most impossible to ever have a future with.

Dream thought about the day he had met George for the first time. If he had known what would happen, would he have left Sapnap's house that day?

Yes.

Because despite all the struggles of hiding eachother all the time and the pain of knowing a miracle would have to happen to create a world in which they could savely be a couple, Dream was still incredibly glad he had met the merman.
A miracle...

He had stopped believing in miracles the day his mom had passed away, but suddenly, he wanted to again. For George.

He looked to the front, where his friend was swimming, he was close enough for Dream to be able to touch him. For how long would that stay that way?
I wish you could see the things you do to me, George.

If you could... would you fight for our love the way I would?

Conquer the whole world just to be able to hold you?

He was addicted, Dream realized. He would never be able to let go of George again.

A quite dangerous thought given the huge castle walls towering in front of him.