HEATHER | chapter 34

"Gi!" Taylor laughs, watching her friend swallow the show of vodka she just downed.

Currently the girls are in Taylor's bedroom, having a girls night seeing Ricky and Red are having a sleepover of their own.

"Come on, Tay. Live a little! You're leaving in a week!" Ashlyn exclaims, holding out the shot for the blonde.

Currently Taylor is 23, and she and Ricky decided it is time to move in together. They practically are anyways, always spending time together in one of their houses.

Or well, parents houses now.

They both have jobs, Ricky has written songs for multiple famous artists, deciding he wanted to get his music out but no be a famous singer himself.

Meanwhile Taylor is teaching at a school, she is a teacher for the subject music.

Both jobs pay well enough, and so they decided to buy a house in New York City. Having spend two weeks there as a vacation and they liked it a lot.

Ricky easily can continue his job there, while Taylor still has no luck finding one there.

But they both decided that that is alright for now, while Ricky will be gone to write songs Taylor can work on the house.

Obviously Ricky isn't immediately gonna work again, wanting to help his girlfriend with the house, but after a few months he will aswell, and Taylor hopes to atleast find some options for a new job.

It makes her sad though, having to leave Salt Lake and everyone in it. She grew up here, most of her friends are here, her family's here.

But she also is excited to start a new chapter of her life, a big bonus is that Ricky will be by her side no matter what.

The girl sighs softly before grabbing the small cup. "Fine, but I'm not getting drunk. I still have to pack stuff for the move."

Ashlyn and Gina cheer as they watch the girl take the ahot of vodka.

While Taylor used to drink a lot, mostky to forget everything, she started drinking less and less, atleast not enough to get her as drunk as previously. And she isn't planning on starting doing that again.

-

But hey, nothing goes as planned, cause the girl is currently singing along to Taylor Swift, a cigarette in hand as she drunkily is dancing around her house.

Not what was meant to happen, but whatever.

It is her last few days here, she is allowed to have a but of fun.

Her phone rings, and the girl looks down at her phone, the letters are blurry, so she is happy an very cute picture of 18 year old Ricky appears on the screen.

"Ricky!" The girl giggles, bringing the phone to her ear.

Gina is still singing and dancing, while Ashlyn is texting her own girlfriend, making videos and photos to send to their groupchat and Maddox herself.

"Hey, love." He chuckles, instantly hearong she is drunk by the sound of her voice. "Having fun?"

"Yeah!" The blonde exclaims. "I had soooo many vodka shots, and I am a bit drunk but that's okay."

"I thought so, yeah. Vodka is your weakness." Ricky smiles, sitting on the couch in his best friends basement.

"It is." She agrees. "You know, I was thinking, about our house."

Ricky very much likes how 'our house' sounds. "What about it?"

"We should get a dog! A golden retriever! They're so cute. Kinda reminds me of you!"

"While that sounds amazing, sweetheart. Let's first see if we can keep ourselves alive and then think of adopting a dog."

"Awhh but I already adopted one online!" She pouts.

Ricky's eyes widden. "Baby.."

"I saw it on tiktok!" She explains. "Her names goldie, and she is in New York. I texted the owner and we can pick her up once we are there. They're moving and can't take care of her anymore, baby she is sooo cute."

"Did you really?" Ricky asks in disbelief.

"She did!" Ashlyn yells in the background. "She showed me the texts!"

Ricky groans, leaning back and closing her eyes.

"You don't want a dog?" Taylor frowns, she though he would be happy.

"I do, Taylor. It's just gonna be a bit hectic. We still have to move everything in, and now we have to pick up a dog once we arrived. That will be a lot, Lory."

"I guess. I could call it off."

Ricky hears the dissapointment in her voice and sighs. "No, it's okay, we'll figure it out." He gives in.

A smile grows back on her face. "We can keep goldie?"

"We can keep goldie." He comfirms. "But you have to do one thing now, okay?"

"Yes! What?"

"Go drink some water and go to sleep, okay? Gina too. otherwise you're gonna be veey hungover and we still need to do some last minute stuff. Can you do that?"

She nods her head, not realizing he can't see that.

"Baby? Did you nod again?" He chuckles.

"I did." She giggles. "I'm gonna drink now and go to bed."

"Good. See you tomorrow, taylor. I love you."

"I love you too."

One time I was drunk and adopted a kitten, I still have her and my best drunk 'purchase' yet lmaooo!