Chapter Four

"This is what I thought I wanted
Why am I afraid? "
-Tyrone Wells from Sink or Swim

Before Emma had even opened her eyes she'd rememebered what had happened the night before. Her head throbbed painfully from all the rum she'd consumed. When she opened her eyes she silently thanked whoever designed this room for keeping it so dark. But all the same some of the light from outside filtered in. After a couple of tries she was finally able to keep her eyes open, looking under the covers to find no clothing on her, she knew last night wasn't a dream. Emma looked over at Hook who was still out, she didn't regret that it'd happened even sober. But how would this effect things in the future could be devastating. "Well. Crap." She exclaimed frustrated looking up at the ceiling.
"Swan..." She heard him groaned tiredly from beside her. His blue eyes greeted hers and then widened with realization. "Last night. We..."
She bit her bottom lip preparing herself to be casted off the ship. "Yeah." She got up from the bed taking a sheet to cover herself along. "It can't happen again." She began picking her clothes up from the floor.
When her eyes greeted Hook's she saw that he looked stricken about what she'd said. His eyes met her and it changed to cool and almost unreadable. "It could." He suggested with a smirk.
"No. That was a one time thing." Emma affirmed strongly. "Your a pirate. My captain. It has bad idea ahead sign posted everywhere."
"If it's only a physical relationship there shouldn't be any problems." Her mouth open involuntarily in surprise at the suggestion. He grinned at her, getting up from the bed, he though at least had some sort of briefs on. Standing a few inches in front of her his head tilted down so that his eyes filled her vision. "I had fun last night. Didn't you?"
Despite her best efforts a smile worked slowly upon her face. The memory of last night still burn brightly behind her eye lids. Reliving it every time they shut to blink. Her hands across his back, his eyes whisking her away into Neverland.
His smile widen with her own. "Why should we stop? If were both enjoying ourselves."
"No strings attached." Emma added, her eyes searching his.
He smiled sheepishly at her. "No strings attached." Hook repeated.
Even though she knew he didn't really mean that, Emma wanted this. He was right, she had fun last night. Her response to the question that hung in the air was dropping her covering. Leaving her completely exposed.
Hook his eyes greeted her amazed like he'd never seen something like her before. She smiled at him placing his hand on her cheek he began kissing her hard on the lips. Moving from her lips to her neck he teased and Emma couldn't but begin giggling as the moved back over to the bed.

Laying in bed Emma gazed loftily at her dashing Captain they both were almost out of breath. She traced her fingers on his chest covered with dark hairs. Eventually allowing herself to lay her head upon it, she felt him stroke her head. "I've got a crew to attend to." He muttered darkly to himself. But she knew what it meant.
Pulling herself away from him, she propped her head on her arm the weight on her elbow. The dark room did nothing to hide the frustration written across his features. "We have tonight." Emma said.
And with that he took leave from the bed.
He went to his closet and dressed in his normal dark long jacket, vest, blue this time, and tight leather pants. Sending her longing gaze before retreating out of the room he slammed the door shut. She felt herself smile slightly, and began to go to work on herself. Now using her magic she dressed as she would normally, not in pirates gear. Standing there in a pair of dark denim pants, black boots, a blue blouse and her favorite burgundy leather jacket. Now with the new terms in their relationship she felt comfortable going about the deck as she normally dressed.

A few weeks later, Emma stood at the hilt of the ship under the cloudy dark night skies. Tonight there was no moon in sight and they were docked temporarily. The entire crew had left to find the nearest pub. Except for her and Killian. Which he had requested her to call him rather than Hook. It was a tender moment that had nearly made her skip a beat.
But she refused to give into those feeling knowing well that no good could come from that. It would put her in danger of losing this new adventure she was on. After a few more attempts she'd been able to gather that we were heading to the actual place called Neverland. Another place that she'd just come to figure to be imaginary. But new mysteries seem to lay ahead for her.
The sound of floorboards creaking alerted her to another person presence. Looking in the direction that the sound had come from, she saw Killian. Standing there admiring her his mouth curved slightly into a smile. Once again she felt that same butterflies in the stomach sort of feeling. When he notice that her eyes were on him he came to greet her.
"Swan. I was expecting you in our chambers."
Her eyebrows raised at the term. "Ours?" She questioned.
He did not bother to take back the statement. Despite her attempt to push him to do just that. "The crew may be back at any moment, love." He edged further on delicately.
But Emma was already in arms, things were beginning to get more complicated. "I know." Was all she said and she could tell that Killian was taken back her coldness when his expression fell.
Bitting her bottom lip, she returned her attention to the sea and her thought. Now filling with fear about the two way street she now found herself on with the man whom she'd taken passage aboard his ship. He looked ready to protest and push her further, but he went to walk slowly back. His head down, sadden from the way things had gone.