Prologue

Emma Swan was born in the Enchanted Forest on the night of her birth a dark curse was unleashed by the Evil Queen Regina. It was predicted that Emma would be the savior to those in the Enchanted Forest. Therefore, her parents put her through a portal to our world.
And as predicted on her 28 birthday she was brought to the curse town of Storybrook. By her son, Henry. After a lot of convincing she finally believed her son that the stories in his storybook were true. When she had kissed him on the forehead releasing true loves kiss unto the town and transported them back to the Enchanted Forest.
Emma had committed herself to the fact that the life she had was gone and was trying to hold herself accustomed to what life could hold for her there. Her son Henry was happy, she had her family just like she had always wanted but still felt as though something was missing. Regina still was a threat but in the latest of many confrontations with the evil sorceress Emma had discovered to her surprise, she too was magical. But with no idea how to control the magic she was gifted with it did little to protect her.
But with the latest quarry with the Queen, Emma had convinced her to move past her vow of vengeance. So the Regina had helped her learn to control her magic.
Meanwhile Emma found the days long and they'd been there for a year. But she could not bring herself still to call the place home.
Which brings us to now, her parents were planning a ball to introduce Emma to the entire kingdom and to celebrate the time of peace they had now. She of course tried to congenial about the situation with a fake smile and nodding yes at every question. But as soon as the meeting for planning the occasion was over she fled the room and went to change into something more comfortable than a corset.
Placing on a grey tank and black jeans (which she'd managed to get a seamstress to make for her) along with her burgundy jacket she fled for the docks.
The docks were the only place these days she felt at peace, no matter what water you were looking at the majority of the time, it still looked like water. Any time she felt that everything was too much for her she'd come here and focus on the water.
As it was the sky was just beginning to darken as she sat on the sandy shores. Noticing a new ship was docked there. Emma couldn't help but feel a little curious about what mysteries were aboard it, picking herself up she walked over to it. As far as the eye could see it was empty, the only living creatures were that of mice scurrying on the decks. Decieding it was her duty as a 'Princess' of the realm to figure out who these people were, she stepped cautiously onto the ship hearing floor boards creak eerily under her weight she continued.
The white sail was lowered, the entirity of the ship was impeccable, whomever's ship this was seemed to deeply care about it. Emma continued to tiptoe about the ship and began to look below decks. As she entered into a room which was practically two; her eyes scanned to notice there was a study area covered in papers and a bed. As she peaked at the contents laid on the desk footsteps began to boom overhead. Crap. Emma had never done this before. Never coming in contact with really anyone that she hadn't met in Storybrook Emma decided to hide. At least until everyone feel asleep.
She took her shoes off in order to make her footsteps quiet and crept across the floor over to the bed. Thankfully it was high enough off the ground so that she could hid beneath it. Leaving her shoes out she crawled into the tight space, then grabbed her boots and pulled them under just as someone entered the room.
Another person joined whoever it was a few moments later. "Are we ready to set sail?" Commanded a masculine voice with a slight accent that in her world would've been placed from Ireland.
"Yes Capt'!" Another voice answered almost uneasily. At that a set of footsteps alerted Emma that one of the men had left the room.
This wasn't good. She thought to herself. If she got out now the men surly would see her and then she'd be as good as dead. But if she waited... Which was really her only option at this point. The sail she'd seen showed her that the people of this ship were pirates, and the price of going aboard a pirate ship... Well she didn't know but she also didn't want to find out. Great... Just great... What the hell have I gotten myself into? Emma thought hopelessly.
Suddenly she felt the ship move, and it was moving at lightening speed too because her stomach nearly separated from her body. Despite her best efforts she knew she'd made a noise. Emma prayed silently to herself that the man would think he'd imagined it or hadn't heard it at all.
But to her dismay, she heard the sound of sword being drawn as the door to the room was slammed shut. "Come out! I suggest for your sake scum that you come out on your own. Because if I have to search for you... Well it won't be good."
Emma stayed where she was mostly frozen in place by fear of what would happen to her. The man began to stop about the room turning everything in it over.
"Your death sentence." He hissed with dark cruelty in his voice. His feet edged near the bed.
Once again she made a silent prayer. And once again it failed as her bent so that his caspian blue eyes met her emerald green ones. Sticking a hand underneath the bed he grabbed her hair pulling her from beneath it. "Oww!" She screamed defiantly.
The man chuckled still with a firm hold on her hair. She could see now that in place of his other hand there was a hook, and he had dark features with dark stumble on his chin and matching dark hair. "Now what may I ask, are you doing aboard my ship?"