💜Rise - I Only Want to Keep You Safe

TW: Isolation, drugging, breaking of bones, being chased, and forced imprisonment

===============

It had been 3 months, maybe more since Donnie locked his love up, after all without anything to tell the time she didn't know how long it had been. Lately, Y/n had been asking Donnie if he would take her out of the lair so she could see above ground again. This of course resulted in a fight between the 2.

"What do you mean above ground? I'm down here, so is everything you need. You don't need to go up there. We've talked about this before darling." Donnie said trying to hide the anger in his tone though to Y/n, it was very evident. "You know you aren't allowed out there so why even ask Y/n, honestly. Or do you just like to make me mad? I thought you would have learnt by now not to make me mad, you remember what happened last time don't you?"

Those words echoed through her head. She did remember what happened, and she was still recovering from it. Last time it was different though, she hadn't told him and just ran. He caught her while he was out on patrol and he was furious. When he got her back to the lair he had broken her wrist and dislocated her shoulder, both on the same arm.

She snapped back to reality when Donnie snapped his fingers in front of her face. "Sorry.. I just thought, maybe if you took me then I could go.." She mumbled before she looked away from him and at the floor. "It doesn't matter if I'm with you or not Y/n. It's not happening so stop thinking about it." Donnie replied as he glared at the girl. "Now, I'm going on patrol, so you be good and stay put while I'm gone. I'll know if you leave so don't even think about trying." He added before he stood up and left the girl alone again.

The girl sat there for a while thinking, there was no way he had bugged the whole lair and he was probably just trying to scare her into staying put. It wasn't going to work this time. She pushed herself off the floor and took a deep breath before she sprinted through the lair and out an exit into the sewers. She ran as fast as she could through the tunnels as she panted, she never stopped running.

That was until she heard a sound that made her freeze. Donnie's battle shell, she heard the quiet hum of it and knew she was done for. She started running again without looking back or stopping. She couldn't hear him, until it was too late. She had spotted a ladder and was about to climb up it when a pair of arms grabbed her from behind. Immediately she stopped fighting, that would only make it worse for her.

"Didn't I say no to going to the surface?" Was all he had to say to make her blood run cold. "You know I didn't think you were this much of a dumb dumb Y/n. I did tell you I would know if you left." He continued as he took her back to his lab, which had become her prison. The monotone voice Donnie held barely masked the anger that was boiling beneath the surface.

Upon their arrival he had set her on a table he used for all of her punishments. "Now, what will make you stop trying to run from me darling? I'm only trying to do what's best for you." The turtle said as he grabbed the girl's right ankle and started to squeeze it. She already knew what was going to come. "Please don't.. I won't do it again.. I promise.." The girl begged, but it only fell on deaf ears.

It didn't take much more for her ankle to break, causing a sickening popping sound to fill the lab. Followed by her screams and cries. Then there was another pop, he had moved up to her knee. Her screams were only amplified by the second break. He had injected a sedative into her good leg and it wasn't long before she had fallen unconscious.

Donnie bandaged her up after and carried her to his bedroom. He chained her to the wall using her good ankle and crawled into bed with her. In his mind, even though he had caused her pain. He had patched it up afterwards so he had done no wrong. Donnie could never do any wrong when it came to his lover, at least to him. She was terrified of him, her once loving and caring friend had turned into a monster. Nobody ever tried to help her or save her from him, they all just pretended she didn't exist.

===============

Word count: 797