💜Rise - Sleepless (R)

TW: Needle, being drugged

Request from: M_ai__ (Hope this is what you were wanting!)

===============

Donnie was currently out for his usual patrol with his brothers. I was supposed to be asleep, but I just couldn't fall asleep. This isn't the first time either. When he first brought me here I didn't sleep at all for the first week.

It hasn't happened since though. At least now until tonight that is. I was pretending to sleep when he left because I was normally asleep at that time anyway. Once I was sure he was gone I got my laptop and started watching a show, hoping it would help me fall asleep before he got back.

It didn't work and soon he was back. He walked into our now shared room and stood in the doorway staring at me. "Y/n, what are you doing awake and what are you doing on your laptop?" He asked as he stayed standing in the doorway. "We agreed you were only allowed to use it while I was around." He added before he approached the bed and looked at me intently.

"I just couldn't sleep. I thought watching a show would help me. But it didn't." I replied honestly. I found that if I was at least honest with him the punishment wouldn't be as bad, sometimes I wouldn't even be punished at all. He sat beside me on the bed looking as if he was thinking. "Why didn't you call me if you couldn't sleep? I would have come back." He responded as he looked at the floor.

I sat there trying to read him. He was hard to read, I could never tell what he was thinking. "I didn't want to bother you while you were out.." I whispered as I closed my laptop and put it to the side. This got his attention and he turned to look at me. He didn't look angry, he looked upset. "But you promised you would call me if you ever couldn't sleep." He replied as he continued to look at me.

He managed to pull at my heartstrings enough that I leaned in and hugged him. "I'm sorry, I just didn't want to bother you.." I mumbled. I felt him wrap his arms around me before feeling a stabbing sensation in my side. I let go of him and looked down, he injected something into me. I looked up at him confused.

My head started to spin and my brain started to get foggy. Before I passed out I saw him smirking. "This will teach you to listen to me." He said it sounded like he was underwater. After that everything went dark. His way of helping was to drug me, I guess he really was mad after all.

===============

Word count: 450