Chapter 15

The moment Yra saw the state of the office, the first thing came to her mind is to turn back and leave the place.

With papers and dirt everywhere, she already know the reason why Chief Ed needed them.

She admit she is a lazy person but she wanted to change lately, that is why she hesitated.

Another reason is that Chief Ed already excused her to all of her afternoon class.

But most importantly, one of her co-journalist already saw her. She couldn't just leave now that he already called her name.

"Buti na lang nandito ka na," Genesis, their photo-journalist was relieved seeing her. "Hindi namin kaya 'to ni Chief Ed, hindi pinayagan ang excuse ng iba. Kailangan kasi nilang mag-make up dahil sa baba ng grades nila."

It was then that Yra noticed that aside from her, there were only two people in the office.

"Meow~"

And a cat.

Her eyes widened when a cat suddenly emerged from the back of the empty cabinet, rubbing its body to her legs. She stood there frozen when she felt its soft fur against her bare skin, not because of that feeling but because of fear. She was afraid the cat will scratch her if she moved.

Noticing her fear, Gen called out, "Mingming, come here!"

Surprisingly, the cat obeyed him. It is not a cute and fluffy but a big and ordinary astray cat, the one that you can find in the street.

Kinarga nito ang pusa at hinalikan sa mukha saka humarap kay Yra. "Takot ka sa pusa? Don't worry, ngayon lang siya nandito. Marami kasing daga rito kaya isinama ko siya. Tignan mo ang mga newpaper natin, nginatngat nila."

Noon lang napansin ni Yra na halos may kagat nga ang dulo ng mga newpaper na nakakalat sa sahig.

"Marami nang nahuli si Mingming ko, ilan na ba, hindi ko nabilang..." As he was talking, there was a movement in the pile of newspaper in front of them.

Two pairs of eyes plus a small pair stared at that place. A moment later, a mouse as the size of a mouse (computer mouse) came out under the newspaper.

Before Yra could scream, the cat jumped and caught the mouse as fast as the lightning. She watched in horror as the cat ate the mouse, only leaving its intestine and a reddish stain on the crime scene.

Unlike her, Gen looked proud and gently pat its head as the cat lick its paws.

Two scenes quickly flashed on her mind: when Gen kissed the cat and when the cat ate the mouse. Her eyes suddenly moved to his lips and to the cat back and forth.

Her face wrinkled in disgust as she slowly backed out, leaving the pair of a man and a cat.

.

.

.

2019, 2020...

Sitting on the one and only swivel chair in the office, Yra quietly sorted out the newspapers by year.

Kakasimula pa lang niya pero inaantok na siya. May musika namang pinapatugtug si Gen ngunit walang inaatrasang musika ang kanyang antok. Isa pa, kontrolado lamang ang lakas nito sa takot na masita sila. They can still talk to each other in a normal voice.

That way, she heard Chief Ed as he apologized on behalf of Kerry.

"I heard about Kerry confronting you because of that photo. I apologize if she caused you harm." He helped her sort the newspaper.

Gen, on the other hand is wiping the cabinet near the door and the cat is hunting for another meal.

"Hindi naman niya ako sinaktan," Yra replied. Sa totoo lang ay nakalimutan na niya ang tungkol doon pati na rin sa picture nila.