Chapter 18

Asher stared at Yra, confused. He read a lot of articles about women but all of those were useless with her.

At first, he does not believe that women are different creatures, and that no man could understand. Usually, he could understand and solve any case by reading and using his critical thinking, but it doesn't really apply to her.

Her previous actions still remained a mystery to him.

She is bold and persistent that he reluctantly agreed to her 'deal' just to shut her up. Not that he believed that she could do it but he started preparing himself for the negative outcome. Well, just in case. There's nothing wrong with being prepared.

When the result finally came out, he was completely well-prepared to accept the new chapter of his life - becoming someone's boyfriend. Only he knew how much time and effort he consumed and exerted for that.

He waited for her. He could almost see her overjoyed appearance while urging him to fulfill the 'deal'. However, days became week and no one came to him. Not even her shadow. The girl who always pester him disappeared.

Ang maingay niyang mundo gawa ng pangungulit ni Yra ay biglang bumalik sa dating ayos, tahimik at mapayapa.

It was a good news after all so he decided to continue his usual activities like the 'deal' never happened.

Akala niya magiging maayos muli ang buhay niya ngunit hindi pa rin pala siya tinatantanan ni Yra... ng multo niya. Hindi siya mapakali. Maya't maya'y lumilingon siya sa kanyang likuran sa pag-aakalang naroon ang maliit na babaeng palaging bumubuntot sa kanya.

Hindi rin siya maka-pokus sa pag-aaral at pagbabasa. Dumating na rin sa punto na sinisisi niya si Yra kung bakit siya nito iniiwasan pagkatapos siyang sanayin sa presensya niya. Minsan nga'y gusto niyang hanapin ito at tanungin kung anong nangyayari sa kanya, kung bakit hindi na siya nagpapakita. Ngunit iisipin pa lang niya ang mga salitang kailangan niyang sabihin ay napapaurong siya.

Isang maaliwalas na araw ay nakita rin niya ito sa wakas. Nakaupo ito sa hagdan at tila may malalim na iniisip. Muntik nga niya itong hindi makilala dahil sa kaibahan nito sa Yra sa kanyang ala-ala.

Sa sobrang lalim ng iniisip ay hindi siya nito napansin. Ano kaya ang bumabagabag sa kanya at ganon na lang ang epekto rito? Hindi kaya tungkol sa 'deal' nila? At namomroblema siya kung paano ito sabihin sa kanya? Kaya siguro hindi ito nagpakita sa kanya ng mahigit isang linggo.

He instantly felt better with his sudden realization. He decided not to make it hard for her. He is going to accept it as soon as she mentions the 'deal'.

After making his decision, he was convinced that it was the best thing to do, for his peaceful life. Plus, he would be able to fulfill someone's wish.

When she finally raised her head and their eyes met, he felt refreshed seeing her reaction. Her large watery eyes stared at him. He took it as a sign of great surprise, so great that she stayed like that for half a minute.

For someone like Yra who spent her whole high school life admiring him, he could somehow understand her. Maybe she was too shocked to see the man of her dreams appear in front of her.

Since he already decided to fulfill the 'deal' as well as her wish, he was very patient with her. He waited for more that a week so he can wait for another few minutes.

Seeing that she was too stunned to speak, he should 'reluctantly' offer a helping hand. Well, it is conserve each other's time.

However, the moment he opened his mouth is when Yra answered her phone. Thankfully, he was quick enough shut his mouth before he could utter a word. Okay, she's busy so he should get going, there will be time for everything.

With that in mind, he composed himself and walked - as normal as he could - pass her, smelling her faint pleasant fragrance, a natural smell of ripe mango which is her favorite fruit.

He noticed she smells like that everyday. Did she ate too many mangoes that she became one? And maybe the mango badge of her which he got from his uncle Christopher Cruz is considered a part of her since she wears it everyday.

He realized that it was still in his possession - in the smallest and most hidden compartment of his bag to be exact. Didn't she noticed she was missing a piece of her? And if it was really a piece of her, then what part?

One of his teacher from elementary said that mango is shaped like that of a heart. Does it mean he have her heart?

Later that day, he purposely joined Erol for lunch, making a chance for Yra to mention the 'deal'. However, it didn't happen according to his calculation. Erol and Nelmi is having a cold war and they were five tables apart.

Erol started to complain about Yra, that she was the one who brought harm to their relationship. He even encouraged him to continue ignoring her.

Asher pretended to read his book while silently muttering to himself, "Yra was the one avoiding him, not the other way around."

Moments later, Erol happily invited him to join Nelmi and Yra's table. Hearing the last name he mentioned, Asher quickly compromised without even asking why. And for some obvious reason, he and Yra were left alone. What could be the reason other than letting them discuss the 'deal'?

Not wanting spoil their plan, he remain seated pretending to read the book he randomly grabbed from his bag, giving Yra a chance to speak. While doing so, he was thinking how should he react if she got overjoyed. What if Yra become emotional enough to hug him? Or kiss him?

Well, he can consider hug but kiss, he will think about it. Okay, just once. He could give consideration to Yra.

However, what happened next completely shattered his expectations. Her four first words are enough to answer all his 'whys' at that moment. (You can reread chapter 2 to feel the moment lol)

He was annoyed by her fake laugh so he tried intimidating her by staring at her. He succeeded shutting her up, but for the first time in his left, he hated the silence, particularly Yra's silence.

His heart felt cold and decided to ignore her. He can't help but think about the past on how he treated her. Is he too cold to her that she gave up? Or did she realized she doesn't like him anymore? Or did she find someone else?

Countless questions popped up in his mind, with no chance of getting answers. His heart wanted answers but he couldn't think of a reason to ask the questions.

He was even starting to believe her when he caught her in the act spreading lies about their relationship. She said he is her boyfriend! (Reread chapter 8-9)

He finally got it. She was really afraid of him denying the 'deal' so she planned a more detailed one making no way for him to escape. She even teamed up with Kerry, and their acting was top notched, not even one flaw in their emotion.

When she mentioned about her apartment key which she lent him the other day, he was too naive to think that she only wanted it back when in fact, it was to show off their relationship!

But thinking about all her effort, he couldn't bring himself to expose her lies. He even confirmed their relationship when one of the student asked him.

But what he does not understand is Yra's attitude towards him. The other day, she was too sweet and touchy. Yesterday, she wanted to be alone. Today, she needed more attention. And tomorrow, maybe she will ignore him again.

He wanted a more detailed book on how to understand women, but where to get one is the real problem.

}{}{}{

A/N:

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year ahe~

}{}{}{