Chapter 2

"May darating daw tayong new classmate, any day from now."

Yra took a sip of her mango shake before looking at her best friend Nelmi.

She finally heard a new topic, naririndi na kasi ang tainga niya sa reklamo nito sa boyfriend na si Erol.

Nalipat ang tingin niya sa cellphone na nakapatong sa table nang muli itong umilaw. Naka-set ito sa silent mode pero naiistorbo na siya sa maya't-mayang pagliwanag nito.

She picked up her phone and opened the inbox. Mababasa doon ang sunud-sunod na text ni Erol asking her to help him coax Nelmi, but instead of sending him back a message, she directly blocked him.

"Si Erol na naman 'yan no?" nakangiting tanong ni Nelmi. "Huwag mo munang re-reply-an, i-enjoy muna natin ang time natin." Looking at her contagious smile, Yra smiled back.

Contrary to Erol's expectation, hindi talaga nagtatampo si Nelmi, gusto lang niyang makausap si Yra.

Only that, she spent half of their time complaining about Erol. Hehe. At hindi pa nga niya ito nakakausap tungkol sa talagang pakay niya ay nag-open na naman siya ng ibang topic. But the topic about the transfer student is nothing compared to her friend's love life.

"Anong balita sa inyo ni Asher?" she finally asked. Nelmi saw Yra paused. Sure enough, even his name is powerful enough to make her react like that. "Uy, kuwento naman diyan Bessie."

Yra's actions for the past week made her reach a conclusion pero gusto pa rin niyang marinig mula sa sariling bibig ng kaibigan ang totoo.

But Yra just looked at her, pursed her lips and refused to talk.

However, she didn't give up, she directly asked, "When was the last time you saw Asher? Mula nang nagsimula ang second sem, hindi pa kayo nagkikita ano?"

Yra blinked her round eyes. She looked down at her drink, her mind went back the time when she was at the stair this morning.

She was busy recalling the past at that time that she failed to notice the man standing down the stair looking at her.

***

Alone and lonely were the words best describe the girl who was sitting at the stair with her half side leaning against the wall.

'Yan ang tagpong inabutan ni Asher nang paakyat siya sa hagdan. He stared at the girl.

He was taken aback when he finally realized it was the girl who always follows him. He couldn't connect the alone and lonely figure to the energetic and bold girl who always pesters him.

Yra, who was alone and lonely finally noticed something wrong. When she looked down, she saw a tall man wearing a senior high school uniform.

He has a short black hair, his slightly wet bangs is resting on his forehead. His bushy eyebrows just above his long eyelashes frowned at the sight of her. His pair of cold and dark eyes met hers.

She wasn't sure how long she haven't seen that face but every time it happens, it didn't fail to make her heart skip a beat, just like this time. She stared at his fair handsome face, high nose and thin lips. Thin kissable lips.

Kiss? That dangerous thought woke her up. Feeling that she stared enough, she frozed and quickly retracted her gaze.

With that, she didn't see how those thin lips parted seemingly wanted to say something but remained silent.

Not knowing how to act in front of him, she looked at her phone and pretended that she was on call.

"Hello bess ahaha. Okay, okay, I'm coming na."