Season 5: Episode 187

Source: Wikipedia

"Open for Business! The Leaf Moving Service"

"Naruto, Choji, and Hinata are sent to help some peddlers move out of the Land of Greens. Unbeknownst to them, a group called the Three Criminal Brothers has taken control of the land and is looking for one of the peddlers."

Analysis

The following episode was a situational irony in the sense that what happened, which was Naruto's team getting a D-ranked mission, turned out to be the opposite of what was expected, which was the three criminal brothers making the mission complicated. Moreover, other details help to understand the plot better, as I will reveal in my analysis.

The Three Criminal Brothers plan to stage a coup d'état to take over the caste and the Land of Greens

At the beginning of the episode, there was already a foreshadowing of what was going to happen later in the plot. For instance, the three criminal brothers, Renga, Jiga, and Ruiga, were spying on the Land of Greens while sitting on a tree in the woods. One of the brothers, Renga, said, "Half of the village officials have been bought and paid for. At our signal, the castle will be overthrown from within, and by days in, we'll be feudal lords." Afterwards. Other masked ninjas were working for them to help them stage their coup d'état. This scene already gives a hint of what to expect in the plot. The Three Criminal Brothers play a role in understanding more about the Land of Greens and how they managed to infiltrate. Therefore, it makes the storyline interesting.

Naruto, Choji, and Hinata are sent to help some peddlers move out of the Land of Greens. Naruto's team seemingly got a D-ranked mission where they were supposed to escort travelling merchants to the Land of Greens. So, they headed off to meet the merchants and found out that they were supposed to push the wooden caravans while wearing the shirts written "Leaf Village Moving Service," hence the relevance of the title shown here. 

While everyone was pushing the caravan, there was one guy named "Shun" who didn't push the caravan. Naruto was confused, wondering why he was not pushing anything while everyone was doing the hard work. So, the men who were with Shun gave a silly excuse, saying that he was sick. But Shun was rude to Naruto, saying that he was a weakling and that he was only finding a reason not to push the caravan. Therefore, due to Shun's words, Naruto pushed the caravan with speed. What was weird was that when Shun was speaking, his voice sounded feminine. Moreover, the demeanour of the guys who were with him was weird as well, almost like they were hiding something. Shun is hiding something, hence bringing out the mystery in the plot.

More details concerning the Land of Greens

While everyone stopped along the way, one of the men said that the Land of Greens is a place that has sweet water. It's a small place that lies in shelter deep within the mountains. The people live in perfect harmony with each other and with the world around them. It was almost like a paradise on earth. Shun then went on to say, "Living in peace and harmony might sound like a beautiful thing, but the people of the land of greens have been living that way for so long that they have become soft and unprepared. In times like these, you must be blind or a fool not to expect the worst of others." His tone was so disrespectful and rude, and when a grandma said something about the feudal lord of the Land of Greens being kind, Shun just left. His actions are appalling. It makes one wonder why he has such a negative view of the Land of Greens. Is he hiding something? This Shun character brings rhetorical questions into one's mind, which makes one curious, hence why he brings mystery to the plot.