Season 5: Episode 210

Source: Wikipedia

"The Bewildering Forest"

"The boat that Naruto's group is on washes over a waterfall, allowing Naruto, Gantetsu, and Todoroki to escape into the forest. Naruto learns from Gantetsu that the forest is the Ninja Dropout hideout and that only a Ninja Dropout like him can find the way through. Naruto's group defeats one of the Ninja Dropout members, who attacks with a large claw-like machine. Sakura and Lee encounter some orphans who are taking refuge in the forest. It is then revealed that Todoroki intends to kill Gantetsu to avenge his family."

Analysis

The following episode was centred on the bewildering forest, and there was a situational irony where what happened was the opposite of what was expected when it came to Gantetsu and his comrades. Other details will be mentioned in the analysis.

The episode is the continuation of the previous episode, where one of the Ninja Dropouts named Monju used his Ninja Art: Pattern Links to cut the ship in half.

The top half of the ship went in the right direction.

It was around nighttime when Sakura, Rock Lee, and the rest of the guards were on this ship. When their ship went in the right direction due to Toki's Crimson Mud technique, Sakura and Rock Lee were swimming in the river. After some time, Rock Lee drowned, which compelled Sakura to save him until they reached dry land. Luckily, other guards were already on the dry land as well, and at that moment, they realized that Naruto, Todoroki, and Gantetsu were missing.

The bottom half of the ship went in the left direction.

Ominous music plays in the background to signify that the three Ninja Dropouts are present. While they were there, Naruto and Todoroki had their weapons ready to attack them, while Gantetsu was still in the cage. To guard Gantetsu, Naruto activated his Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu, and the shadow clones surrounded Gantetsu's cage. In response to this, Shura used his umbrella to glide in the air, landed on top of the cage, and then activated Ninja Art: Blood Rain. As asserted by the Narutopedia website, Shura uses his umbrella to shoot needles from the bottom of it. Also, while gliding in the air, he can spin the umbrella to help further disperse the needles, shooting them at the targets underneath him (Narutopedia Website). Therefore, he used his umbrella to disperse the needles in Naruto's shadow clones, which caused some of them to disappear. Eventually, Shura's needles also hit Todoroki on his shoulder.

Afterwards, Shura unleashed a sword from the umbrella's handle and ran in the direction of Naruto's shadow clones. In response to Shura's offence, Naruto's Shadow Clones threw various kunai at him, but Shura deflected the attacks by spinning his sword, which acted as a shield to protect him. Thereafter, when he landed, he sliced the shadow clones with his sword. His offensive attack left the real Naruto and Todoroki at his whim, and when Shura realized he had the upper hand, he told them that his jutsu was not a ninjutsu but a murder jutsu. Shura proves to be a difficult opponent to defeat, which makes the scene interesting to watch.

The boat that Naruto's group is on washes over a waterfall, allowing Naruto, Gantetsu, and Todoroki to escape into the forest. After Shura told them that his jutsu was a murder jutsu, he used his umbrella to trap them with needles on the wall. After he successfully trapped them, he was about to slice them with his sword. However, they heard a bang and realized that the ship was close to the edge of the waterfall. So, when the ship was on its way to the ground, the dropouts escaped as the ship hit the ground and exploded. The ship ended up broken into pieces, which caused a fire. Luckily, Naruto, Gantetsu, and Todoroki survived the crash. At that moment, they landed in the Bewildering Forest.