Season 5: Episode 219

Source: Wikipedia

"The Ultimate Weapon Reborn"

"Although his comrades are defeated, Hoki puts his final plan in motion by using Gaara to revive Seimei. To do this, he traps Gaara in a metal sphere that starts draining his chakra. Gaara partially transforms into the One-Tailed Shukaku, which is what Hoki wanted all along. Hoki then performs a ritual and sacrifices his own body to Seimei's corpse, which allows Seimei to be reincarnated. Seimei then takes up the weapons of the Shitenshonin, therefore becoming the "ultimate weapon" of Takumi Village. Naruto does battle with him until Gaara bursts out of the metal sphere, partially transformed into the One-Tailed Shukaku."

Analysis

The episode serves as a resolution where all the mysteries of the plot are unravelled. First, Hoki mentioned some details about his clan and why they were planning to attack the five great nations. Second, Seimei reveals himself as the ultimate weapon. Third, Tsunade plans to send Kakashi and Jiraiya to assist the Konoha 11 team. Last, Matseru saves Naruto from being killed by Seimei.

Hinata, Neji, and Shino found Gaara's location.

As the episode begins, the setting takes place at a dead end of the canyon. Gaara arrived to see Hoki carrying Matsuri on his back inside a wooden bag. Meanwhile, Neji, Hinata, and Shino conversed among themselves about Gaara's situation. First, Hinata, who was jumping from tree to tree in the forest, activated her Byakugan. She said, "Gaara has the final enemy backed into a dead-end canyon." Second, Neji, who was jumping from tree to tree in the forest, said, "Interesting, the area surrounding the canyon is calm. I'm not seeing any other enemies." Last, Shino was standing on a tree branch in the forest, surrounded by his insects. He said, "I wonder if Shikamaru figured out a solution; doubtful, there's no way of knowing whether the fight is over. We can't even rule out the possibility that all these battles were just diversions." Their techniques will eventually help the rest of the team find Gaara; hence, they play an important role in saving Gaara.

Sakura, who is accompanied by Ino, heals Rock Lee.

As Rock Lee is lying on the ground, Sakura is healing Rock Lee with her medical ninjutsu. While she was healing him, Ino started comparing herself to Sakura. Afterwards, Sakura said to him, "Okay, Lee, I'm almost done. I just have to reconnect two or three more muscles." Ino believes she is useless, as she says in her mind, "Sakura's mastery of medical ninjutsu is perfect but me, I'm... " This experience will influence Ino to decide to become a ninja in the last episode. Meanwhile, Sakura finished healing Rock Lee; she forbade him from doing any more fighting because he needed to rest. Yet, Rock Lee was adamant about helping Gaara, and they eventually went there to help him.

Hoki versus Gaara

When he realised that Gaara had trapped him, he removed the bag from his back and tossed Matsuri to the ground, who was unconscious. Thereafter, he used his fire sword to summon the infinite Kujaku armour that belonged to Suiko, the dark sword that belonged to Ryūgan, and the double-edged swords that belonged to Kujaku. As a result, he wore all the weapons, which gave him an advantage in fighting Gaara. In other words, it's a mighty ninja tool he formed.

After having all the weapons, he activated the Kujaku Hurricane, where he swung the blades to create a powerful whirling gust of wind to attack Gaara. However, Gaara dodged it by using his sand to hide underground, and he came out when the wind attack disappeared from his sight. So Hoki used the dark sword to activate Dragon Eye Fang Release. The blade expanded and hurt Gaara's shoulder. Hoki proceeded to use the dark sword again, and this time Gaara dodged his attacks and blocked his attacks using his kunai. Hoki knew that Gaara's chakra had depleted when he killed Suiko, so he was taking advantage of this weakness. He wanted Gaara to let loose of the shukaku.