Chapter 7 - the party

Authors note!
Ok so 1.  Sorry I haven't written this story in a while I've been busy writing another story which I think you should go read right now
2. That story is also a heartstopper story so pleaseeee go read it if you want!

Anyways thanks for reading and voting it means a lot!! Ok bye enjoy the story!

TW: homophobia, strong language

Charlie's POV:

So, Nicks brother and his wife and children arrived not long ago and it's already chaos. The children are all playing with Lil's toys and seem to be having a good time. Occasionally, they run through for some snack and get back to their game.

However, Nick is being almost distant? Not from me but everyone. I really get that he's nervous to speak to his brother and dad again but, wow.

I decide to talk to him.

"Hey," I say softly sitting by him

"Hey," he groans back taking my hand and squeezing it tightly.

"You gonna come socialize?" I laugh, desperately trying to make light of the situation

"Ok, but im sticking with you!" Then he gets up and walks over to the group again.

"Oh there we are, your so needy! Didn't realize you gays were soo co dependent!" David laughs, nudging his dad who isn't laughing, but also not saying anything.

"What's your problem?" Nick says clenching his fist.

"Nick it's okay," I say trying to diffuse the situation. If for no one else but the children.

"No!" He shouts "your in my fucking house and your doing this! Your not a teenager! Stop being a dick!"

"Nick!" I'm yelling now, "language, there's children"

He takes no notice of me.

Luckily, Tori and Oliver rush the children through to a different room. lol has started crying at this point. I don't blame her, Nick can be scary when he's angry, even if he is your dad I guess.

"Boys!" Stephane shouts over then pulling them apart.

"Just leave it Stéphane!" Sara shouts over them. Everyone is getting clearly agitated.

Lilly comes running through the door, shortly followed by Ollie.

"Daddy what's going on?" She splutters. She's almost invisible at this point as ollie try's to convince her to go back to play with her cousins.

"Oh my god, your so sensitive" David laughs.

"Get out!" Nick yells pointing his finger sharply towards the door.

"Nick!" I'm yelling at this point too.

"Fine." David leaves with his wife and the children.

Lilly is hysterical at this point. The tears a constant flow from her eyes. I immediately take her into my arms. Ollie is stroking her head and Sara is also trying to calm her. Nick is still insanely angry.

Stephane also leaves, leaving just Nick, Lil, Sara, Ollie, Tori and I in the house. It takes about half an hour for Nick to calm down.

"What happened daddy?" Lilly asked Nick as he came and sat down with us all as we gathered in the living room.

"Nothing you need to worry about baby" he says sighing.

Some time later, everyone else had left and we had snuggled up on the sofa.

"Sorry" Nick says, slowly, "I ruined everything."

"No that's not true!" I say rubbing the upper half of his arm.

"It is!" He murmurs. I know technically the argument was but David was a dick. It wasn't Nicks fault.

We laid there for a long time, me rubbing nicks back in slow circles to calm him down before eventually we both drift off.