Chapter 8 - What now?

Nick's POV:

After the gathering, everything's been strange. We tried so so hard to get on good terms with my brother. As usual though, it didn't work.

Charlie was rolled over, facing away from me when I woke up this morning. My head raced with a million thoughts. And, honestly do not ask me how I came to this conclusion after the previous events but I decided I wanted to adopt a boy.

I think my logic was I wanted to raise a decent guy who will be a decent dad in the future, unlike my brother and father.

I've loved every second of having Lils in my life, and I really miss the feeling of a tiny human being surrounded and protected in my arms.

Charlie and I always laughed about how small Lil had looked compared to me.

I couldn't help but run my hands through Charlie's hair. One reason for this is that his hair is beautiful and soft and I loved to do it. The other was that I was secretly trying to wake him up so I could talk to him about adopting again, as by this point I'm obsessed with the idea.

Charlie's POV:

I woke up to Nicks hands cradling my face, a smile plastered on his. I giggled slightly, he was too cute I swear.

"Morning sleepy head!" He whispered into a kiss.

"You're in a good mood" I laughed back, "why"

"I have a question char," he said sitting up in the bed. I copied him and sat next to him.

"Char," he started grabbing my hand and staring for a second. "Im gonna say something and I want you to just listen because I honestly don't know how-"

I cut him off.

"Nick, just spit it out!" I laughed. However I did just want him to tell me because I was still very tired.

"Ok, I want to adopt a baby boy!" He said sheepishly, a small smile still stuck in his face from before. It was like it had been drawn on.

"Really?!" I ask

"Really! I love Lil and, idk I want one boy in my family to grow up at least bearable!"

"Sounds reasonable," I start, before getting cut off by Nick,

"So that's a yes?!"

"It's an I'll think about it when I'm not half asleep!" I laugh sliding down into the covers and resting my head on his chest.

"I'll take what I can get," he whispers.

I let the thought of a baby boy linger for a moment. It would be hard work, but so was Lilly and I wouldn't change her for the world. And a baby boy would be ADORABLE! Maybe Nick was onto something.

"I think having another child would be amazing" I say after a while.

"So that's a yes then!" He says excitedly.

"Well, I think we need to have a serious conversation about it!"

"I'd say this is pretty serious!"

"Nick I mean it!"

"Fineeee" he whines, snuggling down too.

Lilly's POV:

I climbed out of bed and walked to my daddy's room. I was so tired and my eyes quite literally burned from all the crying I had done last night. It was pretty obvious I want going to get to see my cousins, Grandad Stéphane or Uncle David for a long time.

Basically, the huge fight broke out as quick as it ended. What made it's worse was that neither of my daddy's came to check I was ok after it when everyone else had gone to bed. I asked when daddy was crying because his own brother had said really horribly things. Again. No one answered me. I ended up crying myself to sleep, which was why I had a banging headache.

The door to my daddy's room creaked open as I appeared from the hall.

"Morning" I said quietly, they both sat up and patted the bed, meaning I could sit there.

Nothing else was said about the night before. They seemed strangely happy, so I left it as an idea that just clouded all of my other thoughts.