Chapter 11: clingy

Charlie's POV:

I woke up to the sound of soft, baby cries. It's 5:34 am, which makes me want to cry also. I roll over, grunting and so does Nick.

"I'll do it" he whispers gently, "you get some sleep."

He's such an amazing dad. I don't know what I'd do without him honestly.

Nicks POV:

I take Noah out of his bassinet, bobbing him up and down and rocking him gently. I travel down to the kitchen, cautious to keep the rest of the house from waking because of his tiny screams. I change him first, then make his bottle which he clearly wants.

Noah is three weeks old now, so this isn't really new. Me and Charlie are getting less and less sleep but that's ok, I guess.

Noah is the best thing that's happened to us in a long time. Since Lil I suppose.

However, it has meant that me and Charlie snap at each other more because of the sleep deprivation. This being said, it's brought us closer together as well. I honestly feel like that teenager that fell in love with Charlie all over again. I'm so in love with him, with us and our little family.

When I think about the life that me and Charlie have built and the tiny baby in my arms I just feel so overwhelming happy.

After a while of feeding and changing Noah, it's seven and Charlie comes downstairs to get ready for work.

Charlie's POV:

I'm so tired when I get up this morning. Part of me is actually excited to get back to work, just escape some of the madness. I love them all but it can be a bit much some days.

Nick comes through to the kitchen where I'm sat eating my breakfast and hugs my waist, kissing my neck repeatedly.

"Morning" I laugh

"Morning, mon amour" he practically sings.

I try to get up to get ready, but Nick is still clinging to my waist.

"You wanna let go so I can get ready?" I chuckle.

"Umm no" I can tell he's smiling even though I couldn't see his face, "stay here, I wanna be with you!"

I love that he's so clingy, but I do have to (and sort of want to) go to work.

"Nick, I have to go in!" I laugh.

He then lets go of my waist and follows me upstairs. As I'm getting changed, he sits on the bed and just stares.

"I love you" he says randomly.

"I..love you too?" I say it as a question because he's usually not this clingy.

Then, when I'm brushing my teeth he's there again, hugging my waist. And again, he's just hanging off of me as I'm trying to search for my keys and get Lils ready for school.

"Nick, I love you but I need to get ready I'll be back tonight," I say, slightly pushing him off of me and he looks slightly offended.

A little while later, me and Lils are finally ready to get out of the door.

"Bye!" We both call out and Nick comes running from the living room. He hugs me again, just standing there for ages.

"Ok Nick that's enough now,"

"Oh...sorry" his eyes dart about the room as he says goodbye to lily. I feel sort of bad for snapping as I drove away.

Nicks POV:

I wander back through to the living room where Noah is sleeping peacefully.

"Guess it's just you and me Noah" I let his name run about in my head. Noah Nelson-Spring. And everyone said I had a good first name, last name combination.

I sit down with the TV on as I held Noah in my arms. This was just ordinary life but was perfect.