Chapter 12: left out

Nicks POV:

I've been spending a lot of time taking care of baby Noah to help Charlie out. However that's meant Lil and Is daily games have gone out of the window.

We sat at the dinner table when I noticed Lils just pushing her food about the plate with her fork.

"You ok Lil?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah," she says, but it's unconvincing.

Then an idea hit me, I should play a game with Lil that will make up on all the time we missed. One she's been trying to force me to play with her for years.

"Hey lil," I just know I'm going to regret this, "if you eat a bit more, I'll come play that trampoline game you've been wanting to play!"

Her little face lit up in a way I haven't seen in weeks, before it drops slightly again.

"What about Noah?"

"Um I can look after him," Charlie says.

Lilys POV:

I run outside to the trampoline, I can't wait to play with daddy! Ever since Noah came, I've been sort of...alone? Daddy and me used to play fetch with daisy like everyday and now that's stopped. He's too tired because of Noah. Noah wakes my daddy's up in the night and that makes them like super tired, so I'm really glad daddy said he'd to play with me!

I'd been outside for around what I guessed was 15 minutes, waiting on the stairs when I saw daddy in the kitchen. I assumed he was coming outside to play, finally. He wasn't.

I know it's silly, but I just sat and watched the two of them in the kitchen and I knew daddy had forgotten about me. I feel like they've been forgetting me a lot recently.

I grabbed my knees and pulled them to my chest, my head nuzzled in between my knees as I just sat there, hoping daddy would come out soon. But he didn't. 

Nicks POV:

After dinner, me and lil are getting ready to outside to play this game when she goes outside, so I'm left with charlie.

"This will be fun" I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah.." he grabs my shoulders, "you were very clingy this morning, what was that all about?"

"Oh, umm...I just, I really love you, char."

"I love you too but, tomorrow, maybe don't be so clingy as I'm trying to get out of the door" he chuckles before kissing me softly. I start to make it more passionate, forcing my hands across his back and up his shirt.

"Noah's asleep?" He says breathlessly.

I grab him by the waist, picking him up and placing him on the island, not breaking the kiss.

That's when I feel Charlie digging into me,

"Still as needy as ever I see" I say laughing into his skin, my lips tracing his collar bone.

That's when we are interrupted by the small crys of Noah. It's also when we realize that it had been 45 minutes since Lil had gone outside.

"Shit" I say peering out of the window, seeing a sad Lil sat on the ladder to the trampoline.

"Shit shit shit!" I repeat, and Noah crys even louder. I go over to cradle him, rocking him gently and patting his bum.

"Oh fuck" I say under my breath.

"Omg Nick! Stop swearing when you're holding our newborn!" Charlie says, taking Noah from me, copying what I was doing and rocking him again.

"I've really messed up Char!" I say, feeling my eyes well up.