The last chapter: An ordinary life

Please read! ⚠️⚠️⚠️
I hope you enjoy/have enjoyed the story. This has always been my plan for the story to end this way and I really hope you enjoy. This part is 2235 words and a very different format I very much hope you enjoy! Please let me know if you want me to write any other stories/a similar story. I've really appreciated all of the reads and votes and I truly hope I do it justice with this ending! As I've said I really hope you enjoy and thank you! ❤️

Nick

I finally finished telling Noah the story of our lives from before he can remember. "Does that help, Noah?" I say as he was typing into his laptop.
"Yeah can u just tell me one more thing?" He says with a cheeky, wanting smile.
"Sure," I say with a breathy laugh, "what is it?"
"Can you tell me how to say, it may sound like an ordinary life, but it's not?"
"Fine, its cela peut ressembler à une vie ordinaire, mais ce n'est pas le cas!" I smile as I see him type, then realize he had no clue how to say it. "You know, I was meant to teach you French, and you and lil used to call me papa like...all the time!"
"Really? Why'd we stop!" He looks shocked.
"Just did I guess, also when you got older you just started calling us both dad" I shrug as I say it. I'm not exactly against the fact that they don't speak as much French, as the only link I have to France is my dad, and I'm not fussed about keeping his legacy alive.
"Ok I'm done dad!" He slides over the laptop to enable me to read what he had written. It read...

Dear the University of Oxford Applicants Association,

My name is Noah Nelson-Spring and I am applying to the University of Oxford for many reasons, the main being that my father attended here. I am applying to take Law as my major and PE Science. In my personal account essay, I will tell you the story of how I became the man I am today and who helped me to become that person. I speak basic French, due to my grandfather living and being born in Paris, France.

I grew up stable in a loving home with my sister, Lily Nelson-Spring and my parents, Mr Nick Nelson-Spring and Mr Charlie Nelson-Spring. My father was the one who introduced me to the game I love, rugby. Rugby has been an escape that has helped me to escape and control my anxiety. It has also made me and my dad extremely close, as he played the sport all through his young life. He was the one who taught me how to play.

My favorite memory of rugby was when my club competed in a national tournament. My team was an amazing group filled with brilliant players, however most importantly we all supported each other. We did not win the tournament, however we did make it til the final. Although the loss was disappointing, it taught me a lot about the importance of teamwork and communication. These are some skills that I would be able to bring into my courses and workplaces. For these reasons, I wish to take PE Science and hopefully help others see the importance of exercise and how it can greatly benefit your mental health.

I was adopted into a loving household and, as many children like me, had no idea about discrimination and prejudice. However, both my sister and I began to learn about it at the very young age due to the fact that we grew up with two dads.

One memory in particular comes to mind instantly when I think of the times I experienced discrimination young. I came out of my first day of year 4, being greeted by both of my parents. One of my friends had brought up the fact that he had seen me with the two of them, telling me that his mother had told him we can no longer be friends. His mother was homophonic and me and him did not stay friends because of it. There was a meeting because threats were made towards my parents, and it wasn't the first time. My older sister had also had a similar experience before I was born, as did my family friends who also had gay parents.

I also remember hearing many homophobic comments in my time at high school, many of them disguised as jokes, even from my own friends who knew and respected my background. Some however, did not by any means mean for their comments to be jokes. They truly do not understand the impact that their comments make to many peoples every day lives, such as my family's.