Chapter 36- The Winter Ball

Four Months Later

It has been four months since our return from the future, and life has been truly wonderful. Celestia and I have taken on the task of training Sila in combat, and she has been excelling at it. She has also continued her duties as my lady in waiting, alongside Dysis, who is no longer required to keep my princess status a secret.

During this time, Sin and I have grown closer. We have enjoyed activities like horseback riding, playing card games, and spending evenings at The Enchanted Oak with Celestia, Elarian, who are now happily married and Orion, the Centaur leader.

As Dysis helps me lace up a shimmering white corset and prepares me for the Winter Ball, she asks, "Are you excited for the Winter Ball tonight? I know I am."

I admit to her, with a touch of nervousness, "Yes, I am excited, but also a bit nervous. I will be attending with Sin, and I can feel that his feelings for me have grown... as have mine for him. However..."

Curious, Dysis prompts, lifting the flowing white skirt over my head, "However, what's holding you back?"

I pause, uncertain of my own emotions, and reply, "I'm not sure if I'm ready to open my heart just yet. Sin is a wonderful person, and it has been almost a year since Rowan's passing, but something doesn't feel quite right."

Dysis, with a playful smile, reassures me, "He's a great guy, and it's obvious that he likes you. If I were in your shoes, I'd give it a chance, my lady. But what about the king?

I raise an eyebrow, questioning her, "What about the king?"

Blushing, Dysis stammers, "I couldn't help but notice how much time you two spend together, and the way you look at each other... It's different, special."

I chuckle, finding her observation amusing, "Caspian is a friend. You're only thirteen, Dysis. How much experience could you possibly have with matters of the heart?"

Her embarrassment deepens, but she bravely responds, "More than you might think. As servants, we see and hear everything, even... Sex." Her face turns even redder, and I can't help but laugh.

"Dysis, you have such a sense of humor. Join me for a drink before we head to the ball," I offer, pouring us both a small glass of whiskey, allowing us a moment of camaraderie before the evening's festivities commence.

The sound of a gentle tap echoes through the door, and with anticipation, I swing it open to reveal Sin, donned in a lavish ensemble of white and gold, exuding an air of opulence. "You look absolutely stunning," he murmurs, extending his arm towards me.

A smile graces my lips as I intertwine my arm with his, turning back to face Dysis. "Shall we meet at the grand ball?" I inquire politely.

"Of course, milady," Dysis replies with a graceful curtsey.

Sin guides me through the sprawling corridors of the castle, engaging in lively banter and exchanging playful jests. As we step into the opulent ballroom, a breathtaking sight unfolds before our eyes - winter decor adorns the space, with ethereal candles floating through the air and snow delicately cascading from above.

"May I offer you a beverage?" Sin kindly offers, to which I gladly accept, observing him as he makes his way towards the refreshment table.

"You look absolutely magnificent," a voice whispers from behind, prompting me to turn and discover Caspian, clad in a striking ensemble of ebony, interlaced with glimmers of silver.

"Your Grace," I acknowledge with a respectful curtsy.

"I hear Sin is your escort tonight," he remarks, curiosity lacing his words.