𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 ~𝟭𝟳~

TOM POV || TWO WEEKS LATER

"Is that good?" I prop the pillow up, I was at home.

Well, Dani's house.

"It's good thank you." She smacks her lips dryly, I pulled up the chair, in her bedroom watching her.

A weak sobbing was heard from the next room over. "She's crying again." Dani laughs, turning in bed. "It's understandable." I bite my bottom lip, looking away.

"If you're gonna cry too do it outside." She turns the other way, Dani wasn't herself anymore. She was more irritable, never eating, always sarcastic.

The girl I once knew was gone.

"Baby have you ate?" I sniffle, going to the other side of the bed, facing her. "I tried, couldn't keep it down." She shook her head.

"Can I get in with you?" I point to the bed. "Will you cry?" She responds, simply. "I can't promise anything." I look down, most people from an outsiders point of view may say she was being a 'bitch' but she wasn't.

Dani extended the blanket, staring at me blankly. She was drained, mentally and physically. There was no life behind her eyes, it was just a void.

She leaned into me, hugging me tightly.

I felt her hold my face, her ring grazing my cheek. "Can you kiss me please." She whispers, I leaned down giving her a gentle kiss on the lips.

"I'm sorry." Her hands clung into my neck, I moved down on the bed so I could face her.

"Don't say sorry, you haven't done nothing." I pulled her head into my chest, giving the crown of her head a kiss. "I'm ready." She stated, looking down.

I raised my brows in a sad manner, not replying as a tear streamed down my cheek. I noticed her go quiet playing with her ring. "But i'm not giving up yet." Dani slides it back on smiling weakly.

I knew she was in pain, she wasn't happy.

The hospital had sent her home, said she should be comfortable these last few weeks. Since I was still in good condition, I was able to come back with her.

"I love you Tom." Her voice went hoarse, before I could even say it back I heard light snoring exit her. I grab her face, pressing a firm kiss on her forehead.

I get up, turning the light off and going to the kitchen.

It was still day out, she had been sleeping all the time now. I just wanted to spend time with her, time where she could communicate the way she used to.

Those times we had together, in the bath, on the roof, it was almost like they never happened. Dani wasn't that person anymore, she was cold, distant.

Not my Daniella.

I grabbed a bottled water from the fridge, sitting on the bar stool, just staring ahead. I could hear Naomi's door open, her footsteps nearing the kitchen.

"Is she doing okay?" Naomi asks, wiping her nose. "She talked to me today, so I guess." I sniffle, face planting into the island.

"What did you talk about?" She fixes her robe, sitting on the stool beside me.

"She was complaining about everyone crying and so I asked if I could get in to bed next to her and she asked me if I was gonna cry, I said I couldn't promise anything and she let me in anyways." I explain.

"Is that it?" Naomi tilts her head a bit.

"Apologized for being in a bad mood, told me she was ready, but said she wasn't giving up yet." I finish up.