𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 ~𝟮𝟬~

TOM POV

"Hi, i'm sorry visiting hours are over." A nurse clutches onto her clipboard, looking at me.

"Okay?" I shrugged, continuing to hold Dani.

"Meaning you're gonna have to leave, they begin again at 6AM." She explains. "Okay, I don't care." I replied. "It's okay, just come back in the morning." Dani jumps in. "No what if something happens." I shake my head.

"I'll be okay, promise." Her hands weakly gripped my face. "Just check me in as a patient, I still have cancer after all." I say to the nurse.

"I'm not the one who does that." She grits her teeth. "Okay I have... chest pains, now check me in." I bluff.

"I'm sorry, you can come back in the morning."

"I'll be fine, I got a whole army up in here." Dani jokes, clutching onto the middle of my shirt. I lift her hands off my chest, kissing them, before kissing her forehead.

"I'll be back." I squeezed her arm, getting up. I glare at the nurse, pushing past her, I began walking down to the exit. As I was about to pull my phone out to call my mom, something had caught my eye.

I walk backwards, turning my head to the room.

I look both ways, seeing if anyone was around. It was only me, I took small footsteps into the patient room. It was a man, he had been on life support.

I saw his chart hanging at the end of his bed, I pick it up, looking it over. Brain dead... it's been two months.

I take a glance at him, he didn't look like a smoker nor a drinker. I continued to read his chart, O-positive...

He was a perfect match.

"You're not supposed to be in here." I jumped, hearing a voice. "Nurse Heather." I sighed in relief, putting my hand on my heart.

"Does he have family?" I nodded my head towards him. "A sister." She responds. "Is she here?" I ask, intrigued. "Yes, she's just getting coffee."

"I'm gonna wait for her, and you better not snitch me out." I sit in the chair, gripping on the armrests. "I don't get paid enough anyways." Heather rolls her eyes walking away.

"Who the hell are you." A woman's voice said, bolt my head up.

"Hi, i'm Tom." I stand up, putting my hand out for her to shake. "Cassie." She shakes my hand, looking me up and down. "Can I talk to you about your brother." I point to him, please say yes, please say yes.

"I suppose." Cassie nods.

I began to tell her everything about Dani and I, the whole plan of how we were basically gonna save each other, i'm not going to lie...

I was guilt-tripping her, really bad.

"I'll do it." She licks her lips in, looking to him. "You're sure, a hundred percent?" I question, double checking. I didn't want to share any false news.

"I'm sure Harold would love to donate his lungs to you guys." Cassie sniffles, blowing her nose in a tissue.

I began running, fast as I could.

"Slow down!" Nurse Heather shouts, but I didn't I just kept running to Dani's room.

I barged in being met by her mom. "Tom!? Tom are you okay?" Naomi runs up to me, I began wheezing, and coughing into my arm. "I did it!" I shout.

Dani looks me up and down, not speaking.

I began to chug on some water. "We have lungs!" I yell, before collapsing on the floor. "TOM!" Dani screams.

I jump back up. "I'm okay don't worry!" I wave my hands around. "I told you, visiting hours are-" The nurse walks back in. "Shut the fuck up!" I shout.

"Anyways." I walk to Dani. "I got lungs, call Dr. Straus!" I pick up the phone, I saw her lips pull into a smile. "You did it Tom." She sniffles.

I wipe my nose with my arm, calling him.

-

It was three hours later.

"I'll see you on the other side Tom." He holds the mask against my face, it was happening. We were in OR1 and OR2 right beside each other.

"If anything happens give them to Dani, please." I pulled on his arm. "I'll see you in a couple hours." He chuckles, placing the mask on my face.

Dr. Straus, Dr. Hills, you better pull through.

DR. HILLS POV

"Scalpel." I talk to the scrub nurse, putting my hand out. My two favorite patients we're finally getting what they've been waiting for.

As I was about to cut, Nurse Heather barged through the door. "STOP!" She shouts, rushing over.

"I was about to nick her! How can you just barge in a surgeons OR?!" Didn't anyone teach her better then that? "We don't have to use Tom's lungs." She shakes her head, I furrow my brows in confusion.

"There was a car crash, across the street from the hospital. Six victims, two are organ donors, one is a match." She explains.

"Well go get consent and prep them, you have fifteen minutes!" I demand, she nods quickly running back out. "This is my favorite patient." I tell the anesthesiologist. "Along with her boyfriend." I added.

"How long have they been your patients?" He asks.

"It's gonna be three years in a couple months." I reply. "Three years no transplant? Damn, that's harsh." He sighs. "It's been a pleasure being their doctor." I smile.

My work was nearly over.

-

I pulled out Dani the same time Dr. Straus pulled Tom out. "How is he." "How is she." We said at the same time, before we quickly began laughing.

"He pulled through, what about you?" Dr. Straus says.

"Dani pulled through."

A/N- REALLY HAD YALL THINKING THEY WERE GONNA DIE FOR TWENTY CHAPS. HM?!