𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 ~𝟭𝟯~

DANI POV

I stared down at the napkin.

"They didn't put any pepperoni, when I asked them to but it's fine cause it's good anyways." Tom came in the room, I sucked in my lips looking up to him.

"Are you okay?" Tom's gaze turned into a concerned one. "I coughed this out." I sniffle, staring at the splatters of blood.

He placed the pizza down on the wheeling table, sitting on the bed next to me. Tom grabs the napkin looking at it. "Oh." He moves up closer to me, sitting criss cross.

"We'll figure it out." He wipes away the corner of his eye quickly, before a tear could fall.

I knew if I cried he would cry, but I couldn't help it.

"My mouth has a bad taste." I smack my lips together, the metal-iron like taste lingering on my tongue. "You really should eat so you can take your pill." Tom hands me a slice of pizza. I sat up a little, feeling lightheaded.

-

TOM POV

Dani had ate half a slice of pizza, said she was nauseous and couldn't continue.

I held her in my arms, as she slept. It wasn't even 5PM but she was tired, I knew she was. I saw some tears begin to stream down her face, but she was still asleep.

"I'm so tired." Dani began whispering, I listened in on whatever she must've been dreaming about.

"I don't want to leave Tom, but he has to let me go." She speaks, hoarsely. I wasn't gonna let her go.

"Please let me go Tom." Her cries got harder, as she clutched onto the middle of my shirt. I wrapped my arms around her body, hugging her, tight as I could.

Dani suddenly relaxed in my arms, the doctors were already recommending hospice, but no I wasn't gonna let them just let her die.

I was gonna help her, I always did.

I rocked her in my arms, I didn't want her to wake up but I also wanted her to snap out of her dream. She seemed to have been doing better.

"I believe that six months from now, you're gonna have a new pair of lungs. Not mine, but someone else's. It'll be hard, not living together anymore, but as long as we're healthy.." I begin to talk, mostly to myself.

"If we're healthy we could go to school Dani, we could go to school. Together, because we always do everything together, and guess what, with healthy lungs you don't have to wheeze when having sex." I laugh a little, looking down at her.

"With healthy lungs you can play soccer, I know how much you love soccer, and maybe I can pick something up too, who knows." I play with Dani's hair, twirling it.

"If we don't give up, we live happy. Hospital visits become monthly, instead of daily. Check ups don't become routine anymore." I sniffle, as the tears brim my eyes, I felt her shift a little, taking a deep breath.

She was still asleep though.

"I have a secret." I whisper in her ear. "Once we're all better i'm getting you a Pomeranian." I scrunch my nose. "We can even name him Bruno, just how you wanted." I found the name stupid, but she loved it.

"You're gonna get me a puppy?" Dani stretched, holding my face. I widen my eyes, looking down at her. "How long have you been awake." I ask, smiling.

"Since you said you had a secret." She responds.

"Well you ruined it." I nudge her shoulder. "I'm feeling a little better." She changes the subject.

"Does your chest still hurt?" I place my hand on her chest, feeling her breathing sounds. Dani huffed, not making eye contact. "So no?" I chew on my cheek.

"No, but i'm feeling less nauseous." Dani compromises.

"Lights warning!" I heard a voice, before the lights turned on. I tugged the blanket over both of us, shielding is from the bright light.

"What the fuck." She groans, digging her head in my chest. "Sorry, I know we said that you began coughing blood?" Dr. Hills pulls up a chair, sitting down.

"Like, two hours ago." I respond, emerging from under the covers. "I hope you know you were wrong Dr. Hills." Dani says from underneath the sheets. I saw her raise a brow.

"How so Dani?" Dr. Hills clicks her pen, crossing her legs. "I had sex and I didn't die." Dani laughs, placing her hand underneath my shirt.

I don't know why she said that.

I shudder a little feeling her cold hands. "Looks like you missed one." Dr. Hills leans down under the bed. Throwing a condom at me, oh.

"Oh yeah, I dumped them over his head. Funny isn't it?" Dani peeks her head out. "Very funny, were you hoping to get new scans?" Dr. Hills asked.

"Yes please." Dani nodded. "Well let's go then."

-

DANI POV

I immediately go in bed, covering myself up again. Dr. Hills said she wouldn't read the scans till we were back in the room.

Tom gets in bed as well, we watch her put the scans against the light reading them.

I saw her face fall into a straight line.

"It's not good is it." I rest my chin on my knees, hugging my legs. "It's not." She shakes her head sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"I'm so sorry Dani." Dr. Hills places her hand on mine. "What do they say?" Tom sniffles, nodding towards her.

"New mets have grown, this time on her liver and kidneys. I can remove them, but it won't change anything. It won't give you more time, if we were to get a transplant I could remove them, but for now you're just gonna have to live with it." Dr. Hills explains.

"Just let me die already." I hiss.

"I need air." Tom gulps, walking out.

"Just let me die please." I cry, banging my head against the hospital bed. "Don't say that, there's still hope." She holds my hand. "Let me die." I begin sobbing.

"Daniella, I understand it's hard-" I scoff. "You know it's hard? Try being sixteen and living with cancer, i'd rather die now then live weeks in pain." I rub my eyes.

"Please leave, i'm gonna go to bed." I get lower in the bed, sinking into it. She doesn't leave.

"I don't need you on suicide watch, i'm not gonna do anything. Tom's here." I covered my face, just wanting her to go away. I want everyone to just leave me be.

Just let me go.

"Let me go." I whisper, my voice cracking.