Chapter 5

( A/N so Imma try Dean's POV. Wish me luck haha )

*Dean's POV*

I groaned and opened my eyes. My head was killing me.

Dean? Dean are you okay? Dean. Can you hear me?

Cas. Give me a minute. I sat up and blinked a few times. Cas was kneeling in front of the bed where I sat. Ugh my head was killing me. What did I just do? Oh. I just came out of Cas's memories. I just came out of Cas's memories. Woah.

Dean, can you hear me?

"Yes, Cas, I can hear you. You're sitting right there." What's up with him?

No, Dean. Look at me. I looked at Cas curiously. Can you hear me Dean? I was about to ask him why was he asking stupid questions, when I noticed that his mouth hadn't moved.

"Did....did you just talk to me...with....with your mind?" My mind was racing. "How in the hell is that possible!?"

"Dean, calm down. I explained this before, do you remember?" I looked at him in confusion before memories slowly came back to me. Touching Castiel's wings, entering his memories, Castiel hiding, Gadreel and his friends attacking Cas, Castiel passing out, me begging Cas to get me out of there; all of it came back in a rush that left me dizzy.

"So, now we're 'connected telepathically'?" I hesitantly asked.

Yes. He answered into my thoughts.

"H-how do you do that. Teach me."

"Well. It's more or less directing your thoughts to mine. This...connection...it's like a chord that connects both of our consciousness together. Now, in that chord is our thoughts, emotions, and other mental capacities that you may be unaware of. Not only can I read your thoughts, I can also feel what your feeling and sometimes I can see what you see, but that's nothing we need to worry about now."

"What do you mean 'nothing we need to worry about now'? It sounds like we should damn well worry about it now!"

"Hold on Dean. I'm getting to it, but first you need to learn the basics of this. It can be very dangerous if it's not under control early on."

"How so?" Castiel moved to sit on the bed. I turned my body to face him. He looked worried and exhausted. This is serious.

"Yes, Dean, this is very serious."

"You could hear me?"

"Yes because you are not shielding your thoughts and feelings yet. I need to teach you. " I nodded to him.

"You need to place a mental...shield around your mind. Imagine a thick, metal vault surrounding your mind." He paused as I built my wall. "Now you have to make a window or a hole that you can send stuff outward."

I did as I was told. Then I felt like someone was poking at my brain. "What is that?"

It's me. I'm making sure you're thoughts are covered completely. With enough practice you could shield your thoughts from even the most powerful archangel.

Woah. Okay. I replied we practiced for a few hours. Now, I can shield my thoughts and control how much emotion I put into the connection to Cas.

"My head is killing me, Cas. Can we take a break?" I laid down on the bed.

"Yes Dean. Your progress is most impressive." The fallen angel sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Cas?"

"Yes, Dean?"

"That memory. What...I mean....ugh." I rubbed my hands over my face. My voice cracked as I spoke. I cleared my throat and continued. "What happened to you Cas?

-----------
I mentally cringed as I wrote that last line. It was awful. I pictured it going waaaayyyy better in my head.

I'm sorry for the long wait but I've been sooooo incredibly busy and I haven't had time to write anything. It's been a struggle.

But yyyaaaaayyy people are reading this:3 woot woot! So a lot of people are reading with is so incredibly awesome, but nobody is voting or commenting so please vote and comment. It gives me so much more motivation to write and update. Pwweeeeaaassseee? 3:

Okie, so I love you guys!!! Keep on being you
~Black Angel (ya like it?)