Interrupting Moose

Castiel's POV

"Well. Remember how I told you that I am the only angel ever known to have black wings?"

Dean nodded. " Yeah?"

"Well, when I was first created, there was a lot of speculation to why I would have black wings; so the archangels foretold my future. In it, they saw betrayal, fear, and darkness. I was an instant outcast. People took one look at my wings and the headed the other way. It was like they thought my black wings were an omen. Michael and Gabriel were the only ones who didn't treat me like I was destined to turn out to be some horrible creature. Though, I guess I did."

"Cas, that wasn't you. The Leviathans were messing with you, changing you, from the inside. And before you say anything, you had good intentions when you took those souls from Purgatory, and you've made up for it more times than I can count." Dean interrupted. "You're a good person, Cas." Dean looked into my eyes. Suddenly a flash of emotion went through our psychic connection, but Dean clamped down on his mind before I could tell what it was. It was weird but all I know is that it was warm and made my heart flutter. Like the opposite of fear. I smiled at Dean.

"Well," I continued." I was an outcast most of my fledgling stage- it's basically angel training - and so I was teased for it."

"That didn't look like teasing to me Cas." Dean spoke softly. His face seemed emotionless, but I could see the  hurt and fierce protective anger in his eyes. He wishes he could have stopped it.

"It's okay Dean. It was centuries before you were born. I'm fine" I lied. "Besides, Michael and Gabriel helped me." I looked at the stained carpet. I always got upset when Gabriel or Michael was mentioned. As far as we knew they were both dead. Killed by my other brother Lucifer. He killed his own blood...

"It's okay Cas." Dean leaned over and wrapped his arms around me in a firm yet gentle hug. He was so warm and smelled so good. Then, Dean leaned back just enough for me to see his wonderfully green eyes. Our noses were almost touching. I could feel his breath on my face. My heart was racing, pounding, in my chest.
  "Cas..." Dean spoke softly as he leaned forward. His lips were barely brushing against mine when a loud knock sounded on the door. We both jumped back.

  "Cas? Dean? Are you guys in there?" Sam yelled through the door.

What was that I thought

I don't know...Dean's sudden presence made me jump slightly, jerking my head towards him. He was starring at me. My eyes. I couldn't look away. It was as if some force was locking my eyes to his. There was another loud knock.

I break away from his steady gaze. "I'll go get that." I tucked my wings back behind my back-out of sight.

When are we going to practice our telepathy again? His voice drifts into my head easily. He was good at this. I hear what seems to be mental laughter. Thanks Cas.

Oh, I didn't know you could hear me.

I think I have the hang of it. It's not so hard...

  His thoughts trail off as I reach the door. I open it to a very tall, long haired , moose of a man.

"Hello, Sam."

"Hey Cas. Is Dean here?" He looked around behind me.

"Yes." I turn around and leave the door open, inviting him in. He walks in and shuts the door behind him. Something's wrong. I can tell by Sam's soul. Something is pressing on him. Something...the thought slips away. I sit beside Dean as Sam sits in the chair facing us.

  "What's up, Sammy?" Dean said to his younger brother.

"We have a problem."