Spice (promo)

The second instalment of this series is published! The first chapter is up, so go check it out!

——

"Do you know what it feels like to sweat in bed, Bailey? Have you ever felt your body giving out, but being so consumed that you don't want to stop?" He looked up into her eyes with a predatory gleam. "It's raw, passionate, insatiable fucking. That's the carnal experience, and you've never felt it."

"You disgust me."

"Spread your legs."

Silver gawked at him. "Huh?"

"I'll believe you if you're not wet." Jared used a hand to hold her knees. "If you are... you're in trouble."

***

After getting dumped over the phone during her lunch break two weeks before her wedding, thirty-year-old Silver Bailey's perfect life seems to come to an emotional stand-still. Her fiancé of ten years is gone, her wedding arrangements have to be cancelled and she has to endure a work trip with the one person she despises the most in the world.

Jared (Insert Expletive Here) Jung, also known as her ex's best friend.

The two of them have been at loggerheads since the first time they met. Jared doesn't like her even a little bit, and Silver reciprocates in kind. Now, caught in a complicated situation, the two of them have to face tolerating each other for the sake of their professionalism, but a few unintentional peeks and a moment of carelessness between the two leads to an attraction that puts the burning sun to shame.

Jared picks at the loose threads on the uptight Silver, and the unwound woman responds in kind with more than a fair share of jabs.

One week, one bed, two hotheads. What could go wrong with that level of spice?