1

sunshineseungminnie
231225 | 01:12
[unedited]

sunshineseungminnie 231225 | 01:12[unedited]

-

-

the soft pitter-patter of raindrops against the window echoed carefully throughout the room. hao sat by the window and stared into the misty streets through the cafe window, the rhythmic drumming of raindrops outside matching the relentless throbbing in his temples. the low hum of conversation and the aroma of brewing coffee seemed distant, overshadowed by the persistent headache that had settled over him like a heavy fog.

a sigh escaped his lips. he had been suffering from the worst headache these days and the busy atmosphere of the city wasn't the cure to it, at all.

the cafe, decorated with the soft glow of pendant lights and the comforting chatter of patrons, felt like a world detached from his current state. his gaze lingered on the rain-streaked window, lost in the dance of droplets on the glass.

"hao! can you help for a second? i'm having troubles opening the cashier."

amid the blurred contours of the outside world, jiwoong, haos coworker, called out for him. his voice was powerful enough for him to hear it, but maybe a little but too powerful for his liking as the striking headache seemed to hit like a homerun.

hao didn't say a word and made his way over the boy in distress. he stared at his actions and noticed how little sweat drops decorated his forehead when he tried to open it with all his power.

"let me do it," hao firmly interrupted jiwoongs nth unsuccessful attempts to open the doomed cashier. it only took one firm hit to make the cashier jump open. "all done."

jiwoong mouthed a quick thank you before handing the customer her cash back.

hao opened this cafe a few years back when he decided to drop out from university. as years passed by, his forgetfulness turned into amnesia that he learned to live with. he used to stay home all day, being treated like he was sick and just different from anyone else. he wasn't, he just had something extra special.

it was a part of his personality that no one knew about, even jiwoong was clueless to his little secret that was only his to know, or that's what how remembered it.