17

sunshineseungminnie
050624 | 00:26
[unedited]

sunshineseungminnie 050624 | 00:26[unedited]

-

-

hao, can we talk?

"what are you doing here, hanbin?" he asked, his voice tinged with uncertainty, ignoring his initial question.

hanbin was looking tired, the bright and happy boy no longer there. hao concluded quickly that he was busy with his piling assignments and his very soon approaching exams - or that's what jiwoong had been complaining about these days. it can't because if him, right? no ofcourse not.

hanbin shifted uncomfortably, his eyes avoiding hao's gaze. "can we talk?" he repeated, his voice barely above a whisper.

hao hated absolutely how his heart couldn't say no to him - he never could. he sighed and just walked past him, opening the door quietly. hao hesitated for a moment, then stepped inside, signalling him to follow.

his place was a mess, not being here for the past days and it was quite obvious.

they sat down on opposite ends of the couch, a palpable tension filling the room.

"what do you want to talk about?" hao asked, his tone clipped.

hanbin seemed uncomfortably shifting in place, looking around awkwardly, not sure if the position he was sitting in will bring hao any discomfort. "i brought you some food. i was worried you're not eating."

hao looked down at the bag he didn't even noticed. he tilted his head. "that's it? you came all the way here just for this?"

the latter ruffled the bag as he settled it down. it was obvious he was unsure to say the next words. hanbin took a deep breath, steeling himself for what was to come. "you've been avoiding me for some time now."

hao couldn't look at him for some reason. why? they are just friends right? there is nothing to be scared of. he looked down at his hands before speaking. "you're not the only one who's busy." it came out more defensive that he had thought. he stared out of the window while the pair of tired eyes was only on him - like he was the only important thing in the world.