19

sunshineseungminnie
240624 | 00:10
[unedited]

sunshineseungminnie 240624 | 00:10[unedited]

-

-

the winter wind bit at their faces as they walked down the well lit streets. hao, sandwiched awkwardly between hanbin and gunwook, cursed himself for the mishap that led to this uncomfortable outing. what was supposed to be a simple hangout with hanbin had turned into an awkward trio, thanks to hao's invitation to gunwook. he still wasn't sure how he managed to make that mistake.

awkwardness. that's how he described anything that was ongoing between hanbin and gunwook. they haven't said a word to each other the moment they left the cafe altogether.

hao felt silly for even trying to make these two get along together even though he had no clue why they didn't seemed to click. he looked at the left and the right, well behaved in the middle.

time seemed to tick by slowly and none of the guys have been asking why the other even joined the -suppose- quality time between the individual.

"it's getting cold, right?" hao started, trying to break the silence.

no response at all. suddenly, the weather wasn't the only cold thing here.

hao pulled his coat tighter around him, trying to shield himself from both the cold and the tension. the city around them sparkled with holiday lights, every shop window a festive display, but the cheerful atmosphere did nothing to lift the heavy silence between his companions. he racked his brain for a way to break the ice, but every idea seemed destined to backfire.

"i like you scarf, it suits you." hanbin suddenly spoke, cleared his throat and turned to hao with a smile.

oh...

hao's hand instinctively went to the scarf wrapped around his neck, cosy and exceptionally warm. hanbins hand followed his, touching the soft fabric under his finger tips.

before he could respond, gunwook's expression darkened. "actually, that's mine," he said flatly, his tone daring hanbin to make something of it.

hanbin's smile faltered for just a second before he recovered. "it looks good on you, hao," he said, the compliment now tinged with an undercurrent of irritation. hao could feel hanbin's eyes on him, a mixture of confusion and a silent question: why are you wearing gunwook's scarf?