Chapter 9: Jealousy

Haruto is walking in the shopping center by himself. He needs to buy some resources for his assignment. Suddenly, he saw Jihoon and Hyunsuk are having their lunch together. Without thinking he walks towards them.

"Hyung, don't expect to meet you here. How are you?" He greets them.

"Ya Ruto, what are you doing here? Are you alone?" Jihoon asked.

"Emm.. what should I do, there is no one to bring over." he said while smiling.

"Then, find someone. You are handsome, I'm sure there are a lot of candidates who will line up to be your partner." Hyunsuk teased. Haruto just smiled.

"Have you eaten? Let's eat together." Jihoon asked and Haruto agreed without complaining.

They have various conversations since Jihoon is such a chatty person, not to mention Hyunsuk who always gives the best reactions.

"Hyung, I heard from Junghwan that Jeongwoo will be coming back this summer, is it true?" Haruto asked suddenly.

"You've already heard? Aish.. I thought it's gonna be a surprise.But maybe Junghwan heard it wrong. Actually not this summer, but next year" said Jihoon without elaborating further.

"Owh..I thought it's gonna be this year. Maybe he has changed a lot, has he?" Haruto said while trying to hide his true feelings.

"He has changed a bit and I hate him because he has become taller. But despite the changes, I think I am still much more handsome than him. Do you want to see his photo?" asked Jihoon.

Haruto's eyes suddenly sparkled by the question. He really wants to know what Jeongwoo looks like after they parted. All these while they lost contact without any news. He always wanted to ask Jihoon but he had no courage to do so. That is why he never asked anything.But today Jihoon offers it first, why should he refuse.

He had been staring at the screen for quite sometimes. His eyes can't take off from the fine guy which had been displayed. The wolf eyes, the tan skin, the black sleek hairstyle, and his long trench coat with turtleneck shirt. "He is handsome" he thought in his mind with a heart that started fluttering. His eyes suddenly notice a woman who stands beside Jeongwoo. He almost forgot that Jeongwoo got a girlfriend. "Maybe this is the girl that he had been dating." thought him alone.

"The screen is gonna be cracked if you stared like that." teased Hyunsuk with a smile.

"Ah..sorry hyung. It's just that I didn't see him for so long. It takes time for me to recognize his face." Haruto explained.

"When he comes back, let's celebrate it together. Besides, he doesn't return empty handed. There might be more good news to come. I'm not telling you anything for now. Let's wait for the day, okay" said Jihoon cheerfully.

*************

Haruto lies on his bed. He can't stop thinking about what Jihoon had mentioned during their lunch. Actually he was quite disappointed knowing that Jeongwoo will be returned next year. He can't lie to himself that he really wants to see that person again. Now, he has to wait another year to come. Meantime, his mind suddenly remembered the good news which Jihoon had mentioned. "What is supposed to mean? I know it relates to Jeongwoo since Jihoon said he will not come back empty handed. Is he going to get married?" his heart pounded hard. "What am I thinking? Even if he is going to get married, it's nothing to do with me." He just realized all this while he really too immerse on that diary that makes him feel like there is something between them. He forgot that everything that happened in that diary was already in the past. He reach out of the diary and continued to read the rest.