CUPID'S MATCH

by @LEPalphreyman

Very interesting, lots of action

Chapters: 77
Genre: Fantasy; Romance
Star rating: 4/5 stars
Review by: @Kitten_Kraze

Cupid's Match is absolutely riveting. It is packed with lots of action and it is fun manoeuvring through the new world that the author has swept us into.

It all begins when Lila Black, a normal teenager finds out that she is matched to Cupid, the original love god. This discovery leads her to also learn more about the Matchmaking Service and come to the realisation that cupids cannot match. This ultimately meant that her being Cupid's match meant nothing but trouble for her and those around her.

The book includes many creatures from Greek Mythology, but in some instances their Roman names are used. As it also includes some of these myths, people interested in such would love reading the author's twist on this trope.

Cupid's Match is very fast-paced and it has bite-sized chapters all grouped into five parts. On the downside, there are some scenes whereby the main character, Lila, makes childish and rash decisions. There are also some minor details that are left unexplained which is a bit confusing as we are left wondering.

On that note, it brings me to telling you that throughout the book, the author mentions that this book is just the first draft and is not as edited as we'd like. The heavily edited version is actually in bookstores and the other version in listed under the Paid Stories Program. For those that cannot access these versions can still read and enjoy the free version.

The general plot of the book is magnificent. It involves action, love and mystery, three genres that when well-written go perfectly together. The author was able to bring us to the edge of our seats multiple times and more and more eager to read on as we neared the end of each chapter.

Overall, it is a good book and a pleasant read.

Recommendation:

For Percy Jackson and other fantasy fans