CURSE OF NOBLE BLOOD

by @Silenna_Amalith

Interesting build up

Chapters: 5; ongoing
Genre: Fantasy; Romance
Star rating: 3/5 stars
Review by: @Kitten_Kraze

This book was a very enjoyable read. The writing style and the plot were captivating and it was hard to put this book down.

Curse of Noble Blood is a fantasy book, telling the story of a young man named Elyas who finds himself having to marry Sayra, the wife of the late tyrant king. The late king's throne has been taken over by his bastard son, Darin and with threat of a war brewing because of another heir coming for the throne, Elyas and Sayra are left with a choice of whose side they will fight for.

From what the Author has provided us with so far, this book seems to be a worthwhile read. The storyline is easy to follow and the diction is not too difficult to understand, but complex enough to allow us to apprciate the author's writing.

The use of the third person narrative makes it easy for us to read about the characters and understand them better all at once. Each chapter is bite-sized and leaves us wanting to read more. Curse of Noble Blood has a rather slow build up to the climax, but it isn't a bad thing. If anything, it leaves us curious as to what will happen next.

In addition, the cover of the book accompanied with the blurb spark intrigue in the minds of the reader and the characters themselves are well though out. Sayra is not brought out as just your typical princess who's duty is to marry for the family. Instead, she is made more relatable as we read on. She is elegant and controlled, yet we are also able to feel compassion for her. Elyas' character is also very likeable and overall, the book leaves room for the characters to grow both individually and together.

Although written in good grammar, there are a few typos here and there but barely enough to unnerve readers. With that, I end by saying that this book has got a lot of potential and readers will enjoy the plot and storyline.

Recommendation:

For those looking for a well-written fantasy book with an intriguing plot