Ch - 5

Ash’s POV

We had arrived at our booths in front of the main stage, it was gigantic and the arena was filling up with fans from every direction. On seeing us they cheered out loudly as we gave them a wave back in response. All of them were holding a flag of the region they were supporting, there was no surprise that hundreds and thousands of kalos flags could be seen even though Serena, Clemont and Bonnie weren’t even in today’s semi finals. They would be taking part in the second semi final the day after tomorrow. Tonight we were going to be competing against Dawn and May, Liko representing her region of Paldea and the Rocket Beatz band. They consisted of a trio whose names were Jessie, James and their pokemon Meowth, representing Johto. Alongside them we faced tough competition in the form of five other regions, Floralis, Mystoria, Aquacrest, Crestoria and Caballo. There were ten of us and only the top five would get through.

I was pulled out of my stupor as the crowd cheered loudly once again as the other contestants entered the arena. It was clear as day who they were rooting for, the rest of our friends had entered the arena alongside the other five non competing regions of the night. Serena smiled at the sight of the kalos flags in the arena. I found myself thinking how beautiful her smile was, I smacked myself in the face wondering where that thought came from. Soon enough, it was time to get the show underway as the hosts of Sonia and Leon walked out onto the stage.

“Good evening Kalos! Welcome to the 67th edition of the Pokévision Song Contest! My name is Sonia and alongside me, well he needs no introduction.”

The crowd cheered as the hype in the arena was rising.

“Thank you Sonia, you’re so kind, good evening Kalos! My name is Leon and we are your hosts for this year's contest.”

“There is a week full of action ahead of us filled with fun and competition and by the end of it all, we will crown a new champion in Pokévision!”

“Now if you look at the screen in front, you can see the regions participating today. Only the top five will be going through to the grand finals later on.”

“Now as usual there will be the jury vote but more importantly you have a role to play in all of this.”

“You couldn’t be more right Sonia! The public televote forms 50 percent of the total votes and it could be any one of your votes that decides the final outcome.”

“You can vote by calling or texting on the number shown on your screen now. Simply vote by sending us a hashtag followed by your favourite act’s sequence number.”

“For example, if your favourite act of the night is Johto and they are performing 3rd in the running order just text us #03.”

“Of course you can always vote through the pokévision app as well, which is available on every single platform, all you have to do is pick up your phones.”

“Now with the pleasantries out of the way, shall we get this show on the road?”

“Are all of you ready?”Sonia shouted to the crowd, who roared back in response.

“LET THE POKÉVISION SONG CONTEST BEGIN!”Leon announced as the lights dimmed.

Dawn’s POV

I was standing backstage while Sonia and Leon were getting the show started. I had a plethora of emotions running through my mind. I felt excited and nervous at the same time, the entire weight and expectations of Sinnoh lay in my hands tonight. They had suffered disqualifications in the last 3 editions of Pokévision and I wanted to change that tonight, but could I? I was stuck in my thoughts until Chloe called my name, running up to me.