1253 words

°•°~°•°𝕌𝕟𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕀 𝕤𝕥𝕦𝕔𝕜 𝕓𝕪 𝕪𝕒°•°~°•°

"You're hurt. Sit down and I can patch ya up." I mutter as Peter sits down. I take out the first aid kit and open up my mini fridge for an ice pack.

He goes next to me and I start to treat his minor injuries. "I can do this myself, Cassie..."

"Yet you let me help you." I smile as Peter did his signiture grimace-smile.

"Well you're right about that."

"So how'd you get these injuries?" I asked suspicously as I give him an ice pack.

"I fell off-"

"Your skateboard?" I raise my eyebrows expectantly and he nods in response, "Thought so. Is that really what happened?"

"Yes..." He whispers as I place a bandaid on his cheekbone."So you face planted into the concrete ground?"

"No..."

"So what really happened?"

"I... fell..." Peter muttered and I quickly packed up the first aid kit."Can you help me sneak into Oscorp?" Peter suddenly asked

"You want me to... do what with you?!" I say, turning around to meet his gaze.

"To sneak into-"

"Oscorp, yes! And you want me to... help you?" I ask, trying to confirm if he had really just asked to sneak into Oscorp with me. Sneaking into Oscorp was dangerous. Especially since it was known for having dangerous weapons of science, or at least thats what the news says.

"Yes." Peter says with a cheeky grin. I mentally snap a picture of his face for my sketchbook and snicker. 

"And why would you want to sneak into Oscorp again?"

"Because I want to learn more about Dr. Kurt Conners. He worked with my dad and-"

"My dad..." I quirk my eyebrow up and Peter's cheeky grin falters a bit, "Can I sneak in with you?"

"That's why I asked you in the first place, Cassie."

"Well then, what are we waiting for, Pete?" I say.

°•⟦🕷️⟧•°

The subway starts driving off and Peter starts rambling about the files we had found earlier last night. "So I read last night. It was a 'Zero, Zero, Decay Algorithm' Ever heard of it?" He asks.

"Heard my dad talking about it. I was... like... 5 though so I don't really remember..." I say, "Sorry to disappoint."

"Anyway I could talk to your dad? Maybe get some answers?" Peter asks.

"No can do. The hospitals quite far away and he doesn't remember things as much." My voice leaves a lump in my throat and I swallow hard, "Also, you have to be family."

"Oh. Well then, sneaking into Oscorps it is!" Peter says happily.

"You seem excited." I say, "Also...doesn't Gwen work there?"

"She...does?" Peter gulped.

"You didn't know? Do your reasearch, dude!" I laugh.

"Well I'm not friends with everyone, Miss Popular!" Pete snaps back jokingly.

"Miss Popular?! You offend me, Peter!" I gasp mockingly as the subway faintly plays the radio.

Are you sick of me?
Would you like to be?
I'm trying to tell you something
Something that I already said