2017 words

°•°~°•°𝔾𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟, 𝕥𝕠, 𝕟𝕠°•°~°•°

"Yeah, Gwendy?" I ask as I pick up the phone.

"Where are you guys?"

"We're fine. We're okay." Peter whispers into the phone.

"We're down in the sewers tracking him." I whisper as we creep closer, "We gotta stop him before anyone else gets hurt..."

"We do need an atidote though. Do you know how to run a serum?" Peter asks Gwendy.

"Yeah, I do it for Conners all the time."

"Great. Okay... uh..."

"We need you to go to Oscorp. I need you to access the cross-species files."

"It's a blue serum, Gwendy. File 12387."

"Actually, File 12389, Cassie." Peter corrects me.

"Right. File 12389."

"Okay, got it. On my way."

"Right now might be a good time to tell you that Peter and I are dating? Just incase we die?" I say awkwardly.

"Wait... what?!"

"Okay uh... bye! Also, if we die tell my mom and Aunt May that we don't have eggs!" I say quickly and hang up the phone.

Peter and me run through as we see flourescent lighting by the end of the tunnel. There's a bunch of mechanics and robotic material.

A machine beeps slowly as we creep closer.

Vials with green liquid, cotton swabs, petri dishes, bottles of... substances, like a sewer mad scientist area.

"Peter." I whisper and gesture for him to come closer. There's a video of Dr. Conners on a computer screen and a small lizard climbs over it. I quickly play the video as it whirrs to life.

"I spent my life as a scientsi trying to create a world without weakness, without outcasts." Dr. Conners explains, "I sought to create a stronger human being, but there's no such thing."

"Human beings are weak, pathetic, feeble-minded creatures. Why be human at all when we can be so much more..."

I turn away from the video and search for snoop around for something, anything, else. There are files, glass jars, liquids, substances, but nothing catches my eye.

"Cassie." Peter calls for my name and I go over to see him. The screen has a cellular mutation of the Lizard that Dr. Conners had become. Shifting over the screen as it fans out his plan.

The serum will spread throughout the whole world through a gas. Creating mutation throughout New York and possibly even more...

"Oscorp."

"He's going to Oscorp."

°•⟦🕷️⟧•°

"What did she say?" I ask as Peter hangs up the phone.

"She's gonna warn everyone."

"She's gotta get out of there." I say and shrug my cloak hood onto my head, "Are you gonna swing there?"

"Yeah. Need me to carry you?"

"Nah. I got an idea. I dunno if it'll work but I've seen it in enough movies to try it out." I say as Peter webs up, climbing along the side of the apartments.

I jump up, forcing the power to go through my legs as I jump really high. I flail my arms out and land on the ground with a soft whoomp. I jump again and bunny hop after Peter in the direction of Oscorp.