1979 words

°•°~°•°𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕀'𝕞 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕟' 𝕠𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦°•°~°•°

"Did you see the news?!" I huff angrily as I sit next to Peter, "They think we did it. After saving all those people..."

"Well, I guess you can't really change what people think about you." Peter sighed as he held up a vial that held the spider that bit him.

"The spiders amazing... such a beautifal creature..." I say, inspecting it thoroughly.

"I thought you hated spiders?!" Peter chuckles and I roll my eyes, handing him back the vial.

"Well, you're technicaly part spider and I can't hate spiders because I can't hate you, loser." I say, hitting his chest as Gwendy comes to sit next to us.

"Hey guys." Gwen smiles as she sits next to us.

"Hey, Gwendy." I smirk, "Sooo... how'd the date with... uh..." Peter clamps his hand over my mouth as he profusley stutters an apology. 

Gwendy smiles as I try to claw his hand off of me.

"Can I tell you something?" Peter asks. Gwendy nods as Peter tells her all about him being Spider-Man. How he got the bite, how he became Spider-Man, e.t.c.

"Who else knows about this?" Gwendy asks as she looks at the vial that contained the spider

."Just Cassie." Peter says, unclamping my mouth. I scoff and hit his head away teasingly as he hits my forearm.

"And Cassie knows because she snuck in with you." Gwendy confirms and I nod.

"Yep!"

"And she's... The Absorber?" Gwendy asks and I nod again, "Y'know that sounds like a villain name, right?"

"Then let me be a villain." I shrug and smile at Gwendy's concerned look, "I'm kidding. So basically I can absorb and release energy."

"Then how can you climb walls if you can only absorb energy?" Gwendy asked curiously.

"Well, Gwendy. It's simple. I stole some magnets from Oscorp, sewed it in my foot soles and gloves and now I can climb up any hard surface!" I smile and Gwendy sighs.

"You stole from Oscorp?!" She hissed at me. I chuckle guiltily and shrug.

"Hey... hey uh... you don't believe what the police are saying, right?" Peter asks as Gwen shakes her head.

"No, no of course not."

"Gwendy, your dad is chief of the police..." I mutter and bounce my leg up and down.

"I still don't believe you guys are... evil." Gwendy sighs again, "Does it scare you? What you can do?"

"No." Peter smiles and shakes his head. I frown and look away, resting my head on my hand and taking a deep breath.

"What about you, Cass? Aren't you afriad?" Gwendy asks.

"Nope." I lie, putting on a clenched and probably tired looking smile before turning away from them.

"What did that thing on the bridge look like?" Gwendy asked suddenly.

"I didn't get that much of a good look at it." Peter says and turns to me, "But Cassie was there before me."

I hesitate before answering. "He looked a lot like a lizard with big teeth but stood on two feet like a human though. He wasn't human. That's all I know."

"You guys gotta lay low..."

"Can't do that..."

"We've got a job to do. I mean, who else would want to get beat up by a humanoid monstrous creature, right?" I chuckle dryly to myself before rubbing my eyes, "Those people... would've died. There would be a lot more than casualties if we hadn't been there, Gwendy..."