1494 words

°•°~°•°𝕌𝕟𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕀 𝕤𝕥𝕦𝕔𝕜 𝕓𝕪 𝕪𝕒°•°~°•°

"We have protein structure, rDNA, chromatography, transgenics testing, thats X-ray video. That's the only one we have on the planet. We, have, um, human line testing-" Dr. Conners explains before getting intrupted by Peter.

"I remember that." Peter points to a mechanical machine, "I've seen that before."

"The Ganali device." Dr. Conners chuckles.

"Yeah, I remember a picture of it in my dad's office." Peter smiles as we walk up closer to the machine.

"The idea was so simple. Load it with atigen and-"

"My dad talked about it." I interupt suddenly, "He told me that it creates a cloud or a gas. You could spread it across the whole city and, theoreticaly, you could spread the cure to cancer with this machine. Am I right?"

"Yes." Dr. Conners nodded, turning his attention back to Peter.

"It's... incredible..." Peter mutters, placing his hand on the glass.

"Well, others disagreed. You know, what if the device were loaded with a toxin? What if you wanted to opt it out? You can't run away from a cloud after all, so here it lies, gatehring dust..." Dr. Conners says with a melencholy tone.

Dr. Conners leads us to another lab, showing us a diagram of a lizard and it's DNA. "What you see here is a computer model of a lizard. Now, many of these wonderful creatures have so brilliantly adapted that they can regenerate entire limbs at will. You can imagine my envy..."

"We're trying to harness this capability and transfer it into our nost subject," Dr. Conners explains as the computer model takes some of the lizards DNA and combines it with the mices DNA, "Freddy, the three-legged mouse."

"Enter the algorithm now." Dr. Conners smiles and Peter's phone goes off. It's Uncle Ben. "Do you need to take that?"

Peter shakes his head and continue's working. I sigh at his ignorance and watch him do his work. After three tries, they all fail an desperatley. Dr. Conners sighs and walks away, trying to find another solution until... it actually works.Peter and Dr. Conners talk a bit before I study the rat. No side effects so far... there's a dent in there system. How would the predetory instincts of a lizard react with a mouse, which is usually considered a prey.

"Something off, Cassandra?" Dr. Conners asks as he notices me staring. I look back and nod.

"Yes well... what would the predetory instincts of a lizard do to a prey like mouse, Dr. Conners?" I ask curiously and Dr. Conners shakes his head.

"You have nothing to worry about, Cassandra. Thank you both for being here with me." Dr. Conenrs clenches a smile.

I frown at his avoidance and exchange a look at Peter, who beams happily at Dr. Conners praise. I smile at him and try to ignore the nagging feeling in my stomach.

°•⟦🕷️⟧•°

"Peter?" I mutter as I find Peter sitting on a metal beam.

"Don't wanna talk now, Cassie..." Peter mumbled.

"What are you doing out here this late? Are... are you okay?" I ask, putting my arm on Peter's shoulder. He shoves off my hand and looks away, his eyes are glossy.

"Why can't you leave me alone?!" He shouts and I wince at his loud tone, "You don't know what it's like to not have... a father! Not have parents!"

"You're right. I don't. I have a mother and father who love me. And you have people who love you too..." I mutter. "You don't have to talk to me. I'll stay here with you though. And I'll listen." I say, sitting next to him.