Chapter 5. Luke

Was I too harsh with my words?I'm relieved to learn that they are not connected.
After ensuring she went upstairs, I came back.

_________________

"Here we meet again," I uttered seeing her serving customers at the Pristee Hotel.

"Can you recognize me?" she hesitated.

"Do you think this cap and bib apron can hide you? Well, how come you're everywhere I go? Are you stalking me?"

"I should be the one questioning that. You seem to be everywhere I turn. Anyway, I need to focus on my work."

Is it fate bringing us together, or is she scheming? She turned her back to me as I got busy with business. Evan arrived with the files I had asked for.

As we left our seats and prepared to depart, I noticed Aisha moving backward towards us. Perhaps she intended to approach me, but her direction shifted due to her stupid loss of balance. She collided with Evan, who swiftly caught her in his arms.  She closed her eyes, and I couldn't control my laughter.

"You were supposed to fall into my arms, weren't you?" I chuckled.

Upon opening her eyes and spotting Evan, she swiftly stood upright.

"I was supposed to vanish at this very moment," she said.
Embarrassing Moment 3.

I was guiding Mr. Williams, with whom I was starting a new project. In the midst of our discussion, she served us lemonade and some dishes.

"Hey, you," Mr. Williams addressed Aisha, "Is this how you're trained? Don't you know I'm allergic to lemon? Bloody witch."

"Excuse me. Hold on to your tongue, Mister Whatever. Why should I know your allergies? Am I your wife? Your daughter? Your mother?"

The hotel manager arrived at the scene and apologized on behalf of Aisha. Mr. Williams asked for an apology, but she remained firm in her words, "I won't."

I took her aside to a more private area and said, "Aisha, just apologize and let it go. Don't provoke him. You might not fully grasp who he is. But understand, he's not someone you can handle, even with Martin's help."

Despite the hotel manager's warning, she approached him defiantly, saying, "I shouldn't be the one to apologize. I was instructed to bring you these servings. If anyone is at fault, it's the manager who should have taken special care of you. Yet, I was scolded unfairly. By the way, I don't need to know who you are. I don't care about your whereabouts."

The hotel manager sternly interjected, "Aisha, you better understand the consequences."

Unperturbed, she persisted, "My job's already on the line. It was supposed to be my last day anyway. So why should I fear? As for the salary, I'd rather go hungry than be paid for apologizing. Actually, no, according to you, my mere presence is the problem. So, I apologize for my unfortunate fate."

Her departure infuriated Mr. Williams. He not only canceled our deal but also warned the hotel of impending shutdown.

I encountered her outside the hotel, pulled her aside, and in a stern tone, I exclaimed, "You might not have the slightest idea, but you cost me a million-dollar project. How do you intend to compensate for that?"

"I don't care. Let me go," she tried to escape from my grip.

I tightened my hold, causing her pain, and said, "You wanted my attention, right? You succeeded. Now tell me, what do you want? Is it your plan, along with Martin Joe, to ruin me?"

I loosened my grip as I saw her teary eyes. It seemed like her eyes were silently pleading that she's not okay, that she needs help.
She pushed me away and walked off. After a few steps, she tripped, but without a whimper or asking for help, she quickly got up, crossed the road, and continued on.

As I prepared to drive away, the hotel manager fell to her knees, pleading to spare her hotel. In the midst of it, she continued swearing at Aisha. I didn't know why, but the name seemed to get on my nerves.

"Shut up. Stop imposing your mistake on someone else," I said in a harsh tone. She stood up, and I continued, "I believe it's not her fault. How could she be blamed when she just followed your orders?"

She responded, "It's not her first time, sir. She's been taking on many part-time jobs but ends up quitting after a few days of work. I don't know if it's her bad luck or her laziness. But one thing is for sure, wherever she goes, loss seems to follow for the owner."

I received a text and without a second thought, I dialed, "Your presence will compensate me."